Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Doing hair on the side

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
How many of you do hair on the side to make extra money. I know I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I know how, but don't advertise, because I don't particularly like it. It's just something I happen to be good at. My family tells me all the time I should do it for money....
queensweet
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I don't. But the people I know whom did braids were making a killing! lol! I am talking about $400 to $500 per week untaxed! That just goes to show you that there is for the most part no need to be broke living in a capitalist society because there is always some type of hustle. wink mini

1214Choc
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I don't do hair, but I do cookies, cakes, and pies on the side.  I rack up! 

JakesMom712
by Mel on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I did and advertised. I made a decent living
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I thought about that. Do you advertise? Is yes how? If not, how do you get your customers?

Quoting 1214Choc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1214Choc
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope...no advertising.  Everybody I get is through my former employer, my sister's job (she works for the city bus company and those dudes love baked goods), and my husband's job.  The rest is just word of mouth.  I guess I do advertise in a way...I'll send a cookie sampler to one of my friend's employers and tell them to put it in their break room.  The next thing I know, my phone is blowing up. 

Quoting JakesMom712:

I thought about that. Do you advertise? Is yes how? If not, how do you get your customers?

Quoting 1214Choc:

JakesMom712
by Mel on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm thx

Quoting 1214Choc:

Nope...no advertising.  Everybody I get is through my former employer, my sister's job (she works for the city bus company and those dudes love baked goods), and my husband's job.  The rest is just word of mouth.  I guess I do advertise in a way...I'll send a cookie sampler to one of my friend's employers and tell them to put it in their break room.  The next thing I know, my phone is blowing up. 

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting 1214Choc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2myprince
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM
I did an ad on craigslist and got alot of Side work from that. And I got a refund back all I did was keep track and write down eeryones head I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM

No I don't do hair at all I know how to put box braids in my hair but I have not attempted to do it on some one else.

I have my books, my knit wear and crocht wear.

Skye21210
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how to do hair, but I dont do it on the side. I really should though cause it's easy money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)