Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Ready for the Games Day 2: Obstacle Course

Posted by   + Show Post

Get your kids moving and excited about competing by creating an obstacle course this weekend! Get out a watch and time each of the kids as they go through. It doesn't have to be complicated. You can make it outdoors or inside!

Looking for some ideas?

Have them go down the slide, jump rope, run through the sandbox, and sprint across the yard. Doing it indoors? Have them jump over a pillow, hop up and down, run around the couch and back to the start!

What does your obstacle course look like? Have you ever done something like this with your kids?

slide

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Fun!

Quoting 0Kit0:

Yesterday we were at the playground and their obstacle course included a complicated version of going into the big slide, climbing over a part of the set that wasn't meant for climbing, flipping over a chain ladder and racing to the other end of the park.

1214Choc
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
It's too hot to do anything outside, we'll have to do it indoors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

My son has aways made obstacle courses on his own so we had him set it  up. His father has a workout ladder and we placed some benches and stools outside and timed everyone running and jumping! They had a blast.

Cafe Kate
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Nice! Sounds like fun! :)

Quoting kikitice:

My son has aways made obstacle courses on his own so we had him set it  up. His father has a workout ladder and we placed some benches and stools outside and timed everyone running and jumping! They had a blast.

TrixyWalker
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

We start off jumping on the trampoline doing 10 different jumps (example, knees, but, back & etc) then run to the front grab the basket ball and shoot to make 3 baskets.  Then spint from mail box to corner of the street back to the back yard.

Cafe Kate
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool! I'm jealous you have a trampoline!

Quoting TrixyWalker:

We start off jumping on the trampoline doing 10 different jumps (example, knees, but, back & etc) then run to the front grab the basket ball and shoot to make 3 baskets.  Then spint from mail box to corner of the street back to the back yard.

CBMama06
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I guess going to the park and swinging, sliding, and running could count for my DS..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jones
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
We id a obstical course when my kids where little.. that would slide down the slide.. jump over toys.... swim across the pool. jump on the trampalen tell thay could get the baloon on the pole... clime there rock wall.. it was kind of fun..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Felicity532
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:31 AM

MY DS sets up an obstacle course when he practices soccer.  He likes to kick the ball around the obstacles to practice his footwork.

lasombrs
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i think my son might not understand the point. Does daily trying to navigate the playroom count though?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)