Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

worthless 50 shades of grey

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • 33 Replies
I wish I would have neveeeer purchased that dumb ass book ugh I wasted 15.00 for nothing I mean its so boring idk what chapter I'm on I mean and I loveeeee reading books. I've got all kinds of books some boring some interesting but this book is on a all time boring I mean come on now all I know is I past the part where she met his mom oan I've read a 45 chapter book before called midnight that was boring in the beginning but atleast it got exciting towards the middle leave comment and tell me how u feel about the book
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I did not buy it or read it.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I'm able to write that sort of stuff myself so I really don't want to pay for it when I got it flowing through my blood for free.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I haven't read it yet, but I keep hearing about how racy the book is. Its a story that has explicit and erotic scenes between a college graduate and a wealthy business man, right? Sounds interesting to me, why didn't u like the storyline?....I don't want to waste my money either lol. So far, I've heard great reviewers from other readers.

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Boring is being nice. I cant even comment, its so frustrating.
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

The book is okay, not bad and not good either.  But I know of a lot of people co-workers and some friends who really enjoyed the book. It sounds like it's written by a teenager.  The main character seems to have an orgasm or blushes every 2 to 5 minutes.  The only women that would have that many orgasms in a day, are ones that have a tumor somewhere in their brain or reproductive system, some type of medical condition.  The wealthy man (Grey), in the middle of the book comes across as desperate as he's chasing Anna.  It's like he can't find anyone with the same interests as him, so he chases after a virgin.  I like Anna's room mate''s character Kate, she seems to be a no nonsence type of woman.  Some things in it are unrealistic and take away from a book that could have been a really good book to me. 

navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I got all three books for free and I couldn't even get through the first one lol. I might try again one day but I'm glad I didn't purchase them and waste my money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tjh26
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Yeah Midnight did start off boring as hell!! Lol...but ive neva heard of 50 shades of gray!!
SookieRose
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:01 AM

i wanna get it, i hear its good, and pretty sexual..

tpayne87
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Seems like a lot of white women loved the book.. moreso than black woman..

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I bought the book and I am taking it back this morning because it did not get my attention at all.........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)