Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

The Supreme Court backs all parts of President Obama’s signature health care law.

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

5 -4 decision affirms the health care law.  Chief Justice John Roberts is in the majority upholding a rule on the requirement that Americans must have health insurance. (from CNN.com)

From poster - I'm reading the decision as soon as it is published, hopefully tomorrow, and will let you know the nitty gritty
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Captzsss
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

YES

a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I never had any doubt.  

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM
WHOO HOO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wademom07
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Great decision!

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I'm on the fence about this, maybe because I don't know all of the details.  I don't think people should be forced to have health insurance.  If they are ill or injured where they need docotor / hospital care, they should be turned away at the doors.  That's their own fault for not getting health insurance.  With that said, I don't think health insurance providers should be able to turn down people no matter what their health condition (excellent health or not) is.  Those with health insurance (high end or not) should be able to pick and choose which hospital and which doctor they want.

zmama22
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quoting a_leigh_d:

I never had any doubt.  

I did. the fact that this issue only passed because Chief Justice Roberts was the tie-breaker is historical in the legal/policy world.

a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

True but since I've always believed that the law was middle of the road, I never felt it would be over ruled.

Quoting zmama22:

Quoting a_leigh_d:

I never had any doubt.  

I did. the fact that this issue only passed because Chief Justice Roberts was the tie-breaker is historical in the legal/policy world.

zmama22
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SunFlower700:

I'm on the fence about this, maybe because I don't know all of the details.  I don't think people should be forced to have health insurance.  If they are ill or injured where they need docotor / hospital care, they should be turned away at the doors.  That's their own fault for not getting health insurance.  With that said, I don't think health insurance providers should be able to turn down people no matter what their health condition (excellent health or not) is.  Those with health insurance (high end or not) should be able to pick and choose which hospital and which doctor they want.

we don't live in a society where health care will not be provided, somebody is going to pay for it, either  the individual or the tax payer. you can choose your hospital and doctors under the health care law. all it does it establish a system so everyone can buy into some plan at a reasonable price, and get full health care, not just the bits and pieces that people think are morally right. people thought SSI was unconstitutional too, but everyone is sure going to take it when they retire.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Ah, I see what you're saying.  I don't live in the U.S., sometimes it's hard to keep up with the details of what's happening.  Glad the Supreme Court is backing his health care law.

Quoting zmama22:

Quoting SunFlower700:

we don't live in a society where health care will not be provided, somebody is going to pay for it, either  the individual or the tax payer. you can choose your hospital and doctors under the health care law. all it does it establish a system so everyone can buy into some plan at a reasonable price, and get full health care, not just the bits and pieces that people think are morally right. people thought SSI was unconstitutional too, but everyone is sure going to take it when they retire.

mom2myprince
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting zmama22:

Quoting SunFlower700:

its not that they are being forced to get it from the state they can get it from there jobs or even get it from a small company. i think this will make it cheaper and if everyone has it there will be more people going to the doctors meaning more health care jobs being giving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN