Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok. There was a horrible storm here in Baltimore last night, I'm talking strong winds, rain, thunder, lightening, the works! We lost power at 11:30. Keep in mind at 11:30 it was still 97 degrees! Miserable!! Right now power is still out for myself & over 40k other bge customers. We can't cook so I've been sitting at McDonald's drive thru literally for 40 minutes! To top if off today's gonna be another blaze (HOT). I have about 4 loads of clothes to wash and tons of food in my fridge & freezer. UGH. its got to get better. Did anyone else lose power?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (21-29):
Candy2
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I did not I hope you have power now....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM

WOW!  Do you have one of those little radios where you can keep up with the news to see when the power maybe back on?

Quoting Candy2:

Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

ginene
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Well I wish I knew! I lost money and ate out everyday.
I'm glad to have power now. This time it was only 8 hours.

Quoting Candy2:

Last year during hurricane Irene the gov gave $ to those who lost power due to the storm, to replace food lost. Hope they do it this time. My uncle lives in DC, he said about 1 million lost power on Friday due to this storm, many have been restored, unfortunately, I'm not 1 of them. All this eating out is taxing.

Quoting ginene:

Mine was out last year for five days. And it had the nerve to go out after we bought $300 worth of food that we had to throw out.
Our lights just started flickering again today.

Hope you get your power back on soon.

Quoting Candy2:

NOOOOOO. My Mom is watching the weather channel, she said up to 5 days!!!! :-\ GAGGING!!

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Do you have power yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy2
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Lol, no radio. My mom is in NJ watching the weather channel, keeping me posted. I call the g&e Co. They have no idea. The last I heard was up to 5 days, which means 3 more to go :-(

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

WOW!  Do you have one of those little radios where you can keep up with the news to see when the power maybe back on?

Quoting Candy2:

Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy2
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I just came back from Ritas, trying to get some icecream, no such luck. Closed

Quoting ginene:

Quoting Candy2:

Last year during hurricane Irene the gov gave $ to those who lost power due to the storm, to replace food lost. Hope they do it this time. My uncle lives in DC, he said about 1 million lost power on Friday due to this storm, many have been restored, unfortunately, I'm not 1 of them. All this eating out is taxing.

Quoting ginene:

Mine was out last year for five days. And it had the nerve to go out after we bought $300 worth of food that we had to throw out.

Quoting Candy2:

NOOOOOO. My Mom is watching the weather channel, she said up to 5 days!!!! :-\ GAGGING!!

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Do you have power yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM

OMG, I hope you are going to be okay, do you have small kids in the house? How are you getting along, candles, or flash lights?

Quoting Candy2:

Lol, no radio. My mom is in NJ watching the weather channel, keeping me posted. I call the g&e Co. They have no idea. The last I heard was up to 5 days, which means 3 more to go :-(

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Candy2:

Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Candy2
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM
My son is 11 & miserable. We didn't stay home last night. Tonight? No clue. We'll be wingin' it.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

OMG, I hope you are going to be okay, do you have small kids in the house? How are you getting along, candles, or flash lights?

Quoting Candy2:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Candy2:

Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah it's going to very tough for the next few days, I'm so very sorry to hear this I really hope this lights come on soon and that everything will get back to normal real soon.

Quoting Candy2:

My son is 11 & miserable. We didn't stay home last night. Tonight? No clue. We'll be wingin' it.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Candy2:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Candy2:

Thanks. Still no power.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

ginene
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I know I want a slurpee now

Quoting Candy2:

I just came back from Ritas, trying to get some icecream, no such luck. Closed

Quoting ginene:

Quoting Candy2:

Quoting ginene:

Quoting Candy2:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Do you have power yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)