Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I will NEVER ( update page 3)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ever EVERRRR use this hospital again. I understand that women in active labor come before an inducement, but WHY are you such a small hospital that it takes you nearly a WEEK to get me in due to all the "emergencies."

I've never seen this happen before! I've seen people wait MAYBE an extra 12 hours for an inducement to be rescheduled at this hospital but, nearly 72 hours? GTFOH.

My sister leaves tomorrow afternoon. I just HOPE I can FINALLY get into this effing hospital by 5PM, and because I want my sister to see the baby, I'm changing my birth plan to speed labor up...(having my water broken quite early in the labor process instead of waiting for it to break itself)

This is her FIRST and ONLY niece( my other sister has no kids in site, and my brother is gay, and hates kids). My sister is the ONLY person in my family that is truly dependable enough to be there when I make the call and say "it's time" ( People seem to think I want to be bothered with them after I get home with baby, no, I'm good, once I'm home, please leave me alone, I'll come out when I'm/ we're ready)

I had some strong contractions last night, but since I was able to sleep through them, OBVIOUSLY I wasn't in labor.

I'll update at about 3-4 Central Time ( especially since I have to get a NST since they've taken SO long to freakin induce me!)

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
msgamom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Good luck hope baby girl comes soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Do you have a breast pump? Pumping causes contractions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoyalBlossom
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Lucky it's not the county lol, You would have had the baby in the lobby waiting for something to happen.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Everything happens for a reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Do you have a breast pump? Pumping causes contractions.

I was thinking about pumping during my nap LOL but, I didn't wanna over do it, and make the contractions too stong and then have a different problem on my hand. I'm calling them rightttt now.

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

UPDATE: I called, they're getting the room ready now, hopefully no emergencies come in. I'm on my way to take another shower. I don't have to wait 12 hours for cervidil, so I'm going straight to pitocin ( I'm drinking a lottttt of water so they can get the IV in as easily as possible) I'm keeping my laptop, so hopefully I can keep you guys updated! only thing that sucks is that I can't eat :( so I hope this goes fast so I can eat  again. I have the camera so pics will be uploaded asap. :) Oh, and my bf got home at 1, and doesn't have to go back to work at til 10:30 PM tomorrow So hopefully we have a baby soon and he doesn't miss anything.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM

yay!!!!!!!!! will be on stand by

iluvdwc
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Yay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
WooHoo!!!

Quoting MandiFuego:

UPDATE: I called, they're getting the room ready now, hopefully no emergencies come in. I'm on my way to take another shower. I don't have to wait 12 hours for cervidil, so I'm going straight to pitocin ( I'm drinking a lottttt of water so they can get the IV in as easily as possible) I'm keeping my laptop, so hopefully I can keep you guys updated! only thing that sucks is that I can't eat :( so I hope this goes fast so I can eat  again. I have the camera so pics will be uploaded asap. :) Oh, and my bf got home at 1, and doesn't have to go back to work at til 10:30 PM tomorrow So hopefully we have a baby soon and he doesn't miss anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Bout time, good luck and I know you'll keep us updated

Quoting MandiFuego:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)