Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Not excited about this pregnancy

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am expecting baby #3 11/22. However, Im not over the moon with this one bc I lost my 2nd son back in Nov. 2011. And now with this one being due in the same month is pretty rough & emotional. When I first found out I was pregnant, I wanted to get rid of the baby. At the same time, I didn't want to walk around with a conscience for the rest of my life saying I lost one baby, then turned around and killed another. Granted this child is a blessing & this process could be a stage of coping, but I just don't have the same excitement as if it were my first or second. I dont even know if I'll even feel excited when this baby comes...

is this normal?

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Yes. I wasnt excited when I found out I was pregnant with my second. I already had a full plate. My pregnancy was rough. But the closer we got tje more excited I got. When she was born I cant get enough of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Omokirk
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM
My dear life goes on. Put yourself together. All wil be well. Cheers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I am sorry for your loss, I cant imagine what you are going through In time you will heal, don't rush it just take your time and things will work out.  The baby may bring you joy and help you in your healing process

msgamom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting MomRocs1102:

I am sorry for your loss, I cant imagine what you are going through In time you will heal, don't rush it just take your time and things will work out.  The baby may bring you joy and help you in your healing process

Hugs momma I can not imagine what you are going through. 

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM
It may just be your blessing. Just pray and pray and pray. My brother died in october 2001 and I found out that I was pregnant with my son in december of the same year. He is my nlessing, my indication that life goes on. I cannot even imagine your pain so my heart goes out to you. Just stay strong mommy cause it is going to be okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Yes,its normal. I went through this twice. Feeling like you get so excited then bam it happens again. Let your dr know about this fear. I did. I got ultrasounds every month,free classes on how to check heartbeat at home. And some other things too. Eat healthy,stay stress free and prayed up. This helped me. Before you know it this fear will be gone. Goodluck and congrats.
kikitice
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I was less than excited about my 2nd child and I have a friend that wanted to give hers away...we both have them and love them. You will too. Obviously you have a different reason to feel apprehensive, but once your new baby arrives, you will fall right back in to new mommy mode. Hang in there and pray.

krisdev67
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes, that's normal.  I wasn't happy when I got pregnant with my second child. I had too much going on in my life and I wasn't ready for another child, my daughter was only 1 at that time.  However after he was born, things changed.  GL.

Mishandia
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Yes. Continue to pray and hold your head up ask you Dr for support he/she can link to support groups to talk with others who have been in your shoes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)