Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What do you do when your mad as hell?

Scream, punch a pillow, punch a person?

I need suggestions..i just realized i have NO healthy way to defuse my anger and i hate being angry but thats all ive been lately. Please help

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
memekisses
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

i used to write poetry all the time when i was upset. im on like a permanent writers block

Quoting MandiFuego:

Journal. I need to get back into it...helps balance all my emotions, not just anger.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Breathe, take a walk in a park, watch tv, blog. With a blog you can let out your rage contructively without doing anything rash.

krisdev67
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm usually even tempered and it takes a lot to piss me off.  However when I'm pissed or even irritated about something I usually go for a walk with my headphones and some good music.  Most of the time when I'm angry I start by listening to some "angry" music and then as I calm down I'm listening to more calming, romantic type music.  However getting angry is healthy and a normal part of life.  How you handle it is the problem. 

Some people journal, some work out, some run, call someone on the phone to vent, maybe even vent online, some play contact sports, box, scream.  But for me I have to move, because moving helps me to release it.  The purpose of going for a walk is for me to leave the anger outside of the home (when the weather is cooperating).  GL.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

If you don't mind me asking.  What's causing you to feel so overwhelmed?

Quoting memekisses:

i am VERY overwhelmed. its hard for me to just shut things off though...i really should

Quoting mrsary:

Was about to post something similar to this. Maybe u r overwhelmed & should take a break from whatever is draining u.

KW1280
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so true.

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Breathe, take a walk in a park, watch tv, blog. With a blog you can let out your rage contructively without doing anything rash.

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting memekisses:

i used to write poetry all the time when i was upset. im on like a permanent writers block

Quoting MandiFuego:

Journal. I need to get back into it...helps balance all my emotions, not just anger.

I used to do this thing called "river writing" just write...keep writing..something...somewhere in the emotion a poem would usually show up

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

BREATHE!!!  Go for a walk!  Listen to rock!

BarbadianBeauty
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I draw or paint. I'll turn on some music and get my paints out. Or I'll just keep drawing until I've calmed down. I'll usually find my longest album and put it on. Sometimes I'll forget it's on after I zoneout and draw angrily until I hear the needle get to the sticker and makes that awful scratching noise. Usually it snaps me out of it. Then I replay the record and do it all again but with a calm attitude and then think of what I can do about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mishandia
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

a short walk helps me 

2love
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this
My newest thing to do to channel my anger is yoga and Pilates... I'm losing weight rapidly lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN