Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

God I love my parents...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

My father called my S/O earlier tonight...he wants to take the kids for a week or two, and wants to come get them tomorrow. So, we're driving to Columbia tonight, so we can be on the road to NC at a decent time tomorrow morning-ish, after we get the car looked at (our old mechanic is in Columbia).

I'm going to be spending the night at my mom's house with the kids, and my S/O is staying with his parents in a town about 20 min away. He's going to pick us up after he gets the car fixed. My mom is excited about seeing the kids, and the kids are excited about seeing my mom AND seeing their PaPa tomorrow. And my mom told me she cooked a big meal earlier, so I get to get my grub on when I get there.

I don't know what I'd do without my parents, something in my dad's voice must've told him I was ready to crack when I talked to him earlier this week LOL 

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I love my parents too. This is something my folks would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahbellamom
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Columbia SC? I.lived there 12 years I'm in Minnesota now LOL I know huge leap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psalms91
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Oh I can truly relate! I absolutely love my parents too. I don't know what I'd do without them. They do so much for us as far as keeping the kids,always always cooking grrreat meals and having us over,or sometimes they bring dinner over. We get our grub on too..as a matter of fact,we ate there yesterday and today. Lol! Oh what part of NC? I am in NC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Quoting psalms91:Oh I can truly relate! I absolutely love my parents too. I don't know what I'd do without them. They do so much for us as far as keeping the kids,always always cooking grrreat meals and having us over,or sometimes they bring dinner over. We get our grub on too..as a matter of fact,we ate there yesterday and today. Lol! Oh what part of NC? I am in NC.

My dad and step-mom live in Burlington. We used to live in High Point when I was 11...I hated it lol
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Columbia SC? I.lived there 12 years I'm in Minnesota now LOL I know huge leap

Yup yup. I grew up a little outside of Columbia (Irmo), and live in Chuck Town now.

I lived in Alaska for a little while when I was married. Now THAT was an adjustment lol
MandiFuego
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:46 AM

gotta love good parents. especially once you're an adult and can appreciate them better LOL. I got the short end of the stick buttt it's all good.

kikitice
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM

That is exactly what parents are for!

jaysmom2002
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Patents are a blessing. My parents took my son for the whole summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM
My mother would do what she could but she is 82 and lives 849 miles away. I miss her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Good for you, enjoy it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)