Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just read this in an article
"Tanning has actually grown very popular over the past decade among black women. I’ve even overhear some sisters chatting about it at local coffee shops and hair salons. A lot of black women are starting to see the benefits of tanning with some of the most noticeable benefits include evening out your skin tone, great with concealing stretch marks, and helps to illuminate muscle definition "

Do u know any AA women that tan????? I saw one lady on divorce court that said she did.
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Lol that's what I said.
Quoting RoyalBlossom:

Learn something new everyday.

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Tan fr what? Natural tan over here.
tiffanijohnson
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I did not know that AA woman tanned... hmm learn something new everyday.

But I live in Fl mostly Miami for 24 yrs and the sun is NOT my friend. I'll pass on the tanning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Not sure. I think she just loves to be a dark bronze color rather than a light tan color, if that makes any sense. Either way she's a bad granny for sure lol. I could only hope to be half as pretty as she is.

Quoting leaniece:

Wow..... Well if she is happy and no complaints... Good for her. Just curious ,where did she get that from?
Quoting michaelsmom25:

That's old news to me lol. My momma has been tanning since she was a teenager. She's does it the natural way. Laying on her deck or at the pool. She's the only black person I know who uses sun tan lotion and instead if sunblock. Smh I hope she doesn't get skin cancer. She doesn't like her natural fair complexion even though she is the most beautiful woman ive ever seen. Hmmm go figure

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I dint go out to tan per say but I do like it when I've been outside and I've gotten a little more chocolate. I think I look so much prettier. I think black some people h are scared to get even "blacker"like its something wrong with being a couple shades darker. I LOVE my black skin and I love it even more when its darker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I know that stretch marks don't tan, so that's not true. And over exposure to this new school sun is just not healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wademom07
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Nope, no tanning here!!!

honey27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

i am one of those that tan but i do it to even my skin tone and to blend my stretch marks plus i like the bronze look. i natural tan though good sun from the beach. i live in cali so i stay at the beach for the summer. i wouldnt pay to get tan though and i will go back to my original color once winter comes in so.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
That is so sweet :)
Quoting michaelsmom25:

kikitice
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't go out of my way to "Tan" but I do enjoy my summer color. I always have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)