Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Would you date a man who has previous domestic violence charges?

Posted by   + Show Post

Googled his name and found 2 mug shots (good ole Florida, lol) from 2004 & 2005. One arrest was for domestic violence, the other for domestic violence injunction. He has not told me any of this. I thought something was up with him, because he seems to "perfect". Is it worth the risk? I assume he doesn't want me to know, since he did not tell me.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mia055
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Nope. I wouldnt. I dont tolerate it =/

BarbadianBeauty
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Nope. Because if he can beat some other woman whos to say he won't try to beat me. I wouldn't risk it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

NO

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I'd want to find out first. That could have been anything. If it's repetitive then I would pass but an incident or maybe even two, especially a long time ago, I'd need to know the details. Personally I can't blame someone for defending themselves and some people bring out the worst in others.

lishistwins
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure like some of the other women said we'd have to have a conversation about it so I can feel him out because domestic violence doesn't necessarily mean "physical violence"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micka5
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I did once...bc he told me "the story".....took about 4 yrs but he hit me...of course we fought like hell...ended with him running up outta here...but he did! Lesson learned & hard bc Id already had kids with the fool...he ended up being a real asshole

Now I'm not saying don't bc I know some one that has a charge & never laid a hand on a female...she was just spiteful. Just be careful...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmom2002
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
That's a tough one ma I personally wouldn't but people change so I would talk to him about it 1st and find out what really happened before making a decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetiepie81
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Probably not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1214Choc
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Nope. Sure wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Nope....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)