Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

MY KIDS ONLY EAT ORGANIC......OH SO IM THE BAD THE GUY

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 40 Replies
why is it that when i start feeding my girls organic and healthy food people look at me weird or think its funny,or try to make it into something negative like i think my kids are better, i mean id rather have my kids eating a delicious organic apple for snack instead of chemical infested cheetos
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Okay. I buy organic apples, potatoes, lettuce. Basically my produce is organic. And I but wild not farm raised fish, grass feed beef, no nitrate bacon. No one looks at me funny. I'm mobile, can't see ur avi so dont be offended. What is ur ethnic background?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Omg. I get the same ish. My ds is on a very strict diet. Organic, soy, no processed foods etc its for health reasons. But im crazy for trying to keep him healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lettybug
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

Okay. I buy organic apples, potatoes, lettuce. Basically my produce is organic. And I but wild not farm raised fish, grass feed beef, no nitrate bacon. No one looks at me funny. I'm mobile, can't see ur avi so dont be offended. What is ur ethnic background?

M BLACK AND HONESTLY ITS MY WHITE GIRLFIENDS THAT THINKS ITS WEIRD BUT MY BLACK FRIENDS THINKS ITS COOL AND ALLWAYS CALL FOR ADVICE

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Wow thought I was the only one ;)..... I usually educate them on why we eat this way. They still look at me weird... Oh well ... Tastes better IMO ;)
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I honestly think the organic label is a gimmick. As long as junk food is not your daily diet it's all the same damn food. The FDA doesn't regulate what's organic so anyone can slap a label on it.

But I ain't mad atcha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Skye21210
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM

In a while I see myself doing this. Most things have so many nasty additives and nowadays nothing agrees with me. I dont understand why a person would think you and kids are better because you want them to be healthy anad the best food options. If they were smart they would get on board the organic express.

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I know exactly how you feel!!!

same way with my family.

I got my dad to drink organic cow milk. he takes the top off, smells it, holds it up to read the ingredients and looks at in slight disgust and asks "So whats in it??"

-__- <----My face as I answer "Nothing extra, unlike non-organic milk dad"

I have a Computer, a vibrator, & Chocolate..Why should I leave the house? ;-)

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I dont think it is all a gimmick. sure there are some foods you do not need to eat organic, but things like milk would be good to do. or fruits that have edible skin (as a fruit can have 50+ different pesticides on it) or GMOs..ect

There are some certified, true organic companies. Also, I dont think its the FDA that would have say in whats organic...I thought it was the USDA..could be wrong (but I am 89.3% sure..lol)

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I honestly think the organic label is a gimmick. As long as junk food is not your daily diet it's all the same damn food. The FDA doesn't regulate what's organic so anyone can slap a label on it.

But I ain't mad atcha!

I have a Computer, a vibrator, & Chocolate..Why should I leave the house? ;-)

Lettybug
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Quoting CocolateLady:

I dont think it is all a gimmick. sure there are some foods you do not need to eat organic, but things like milk would be good to do. or fruits that have edible skin (as a fruit can have 50+ different pesticides on it) or GMOs..ect

There are some certified, true organic companies. Also, I dont think its the FDA that would have say in whats organic...I thought it was the USDA..could be wrong (but I am 89.3% sure..lol)

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

But I ain't mad atcha!

AT COCO UR 100% RIGHT, ALL THESE PROCESSED FOODS AND WE WONDER WHY OUR KIDS ARE OBEST, AND HAVE HEALTH ISSUES NO ITS GENETIC ITS THE FOOD WE GIVE THEM, THEY SHOOT UP COWS WITH HORMONES TO MAKE THEM FAT, WHAT U THINK IT WILL DO TO THE PERSON THAT IS EATING IT

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM
My bad, yes..USDA.

Quoting CocolateLady:

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

But I ain't mad atcha!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)