Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

when your teen gets sexually active...

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you going to allow them to have sex in your house or would u rather them go outside your home??? I was talking to my MIL today and she allowed her daughter (my SIL) to have sex in the her house, knowingly, with her long term boyfriend. When I was growing up....my mother would not have allowed that. I asked my MIL why she allowed this and her response was she wanted her daughter to be in a safe environment and not in some sleezy hotel or in the back of a car somewhere. I guess I can see that but to my mom it was disrespectful to her to be in her house having sex and not being married. When it comes to my kids....I would want them to be safe but I don't want them to have sex whenever they want in my house at 16! They are going to have sex or do something sexual any way....will you let them have sex in your house because they are going to do it anyway, might as well be safe...or  hell no not in my house! that's disrespectful and you wont be an enabler because they want to bust one! lol

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandmother allowed it, but my parents did not. My husbands parents only allowed me to be in the front room at their house when I was there. I see it both ways. I met my hubby when I started 11th grade; he was already 18. While our parents just suppressed things, my grandmother made us be responsible with our actions (e.g. go get birth control, talk about sex openly, etc etc). She spent a great deal of time counseling us in our relationship and to this day, we thank her for it. Even though our parents didn't allow it in their house, we did it anyway when they weren't there. If kids want to have sex, they will. Shutting them down, punishing, or whatever is not going to stop them (unless you are there 24/7). Like they say, it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

With all that said, I will not allow it in my home. However, I want to have the same openness that hubby and I had with my grandmother. I want my son to be comfortable talking to the both of us when that time comes. But no, no little girls coming to lay up in my house.

kikitice
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yeah...I'm not going for that. She who pays the bills gets to lay up! Nothing else left to say.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM

No.

truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I couldn't condone that type of behavior. I would want them to be safe though.
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
That's kinda like us...lol.
Quoting Diva-Mami:

No sex in my house. My dd cant date til shes 40, by law of dh so ill stick to that for now. Ds none for him either. I know none of that is realistic, but I can dream.

LadyT78758
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM

i've always told my daughter that it is a big responsibility, and it definitely needs to wait till after high school. as for in my house, heck no.

girl giving flower

honey27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

hell to the naw, wont be in my house. the harder it is for them to find a place to do it the better. maybe they will realize they shouldnt be doing it at that age.

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM
No.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Naw that aint even going down.........that is straight disrespectful...i never did that in my moms house so u know it aint even happening in mine!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN