Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

no good deed goes unpunished

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 17 Replies
One of my cousin''s mom has been looking to rent a house but has been unsuccessful because of her credit. i was told that she has two evictions, one from when she was sick and in and out the hospital and the 2nd was when she moved out b4 it was filed (her mom feels it does not count.... alrighty then!). let's not fail to mention that she lives VERY filthy... but let me not get into the details. anyway, my cousin asked me if she should help her mom out by putting the place in her name. i wanted to say so bad h*ll no! but I took the neutral ground approach and told her that whatever happens to the place she will be responsible for it entirely and it will be reflected on her credit for years. i sure hope she DOES NOT help her because she is going to be in quite a predicament if she does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I would not put a place in my name for anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bronze_1
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt do it. her past shows that she dont treat things well when its her own credit at risk so she wouldnt be any better on someone elses credit in my opinion. Its not worth the risk 

queensweet
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Lol. One thing is for sure is that people have no problem messing up what you got going on, especially family. i know it sounds harsh when i say i would not do either even if it is my mother because anything could happen and she might not be able to pay.

Quoting Diva-Mami:

I would not put a place in my name for anyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM
What I realize is that she is thinking more on the emotional and not more on the rational. her mother is a grown woman and needs to handle her business like one.

Quoting bronze_1:

I wouldnt do it. her past shows that she dont treat things well when its her own credit at risk so she wouldnt be any better on someone elses credit in my opinion. Its not worth the risk 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mishandia
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I wouldn't do it, but I would help find a place on her own. she made the mess she needs to deal with the outcome of it. Came she get subsidised housing? 

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Shes been evicted twice, there's no way in hell I'd ever let her use my name for anything. Not cell, Energy account and definitely not an apartment.

wademom07
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Nope I would not do it, what happens if she messes up your cousins name who will help her?

queensweet
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Her daughter has driven her around some areas since a lot of landlords dont advertise in the paper. but the messed up thing about it is that she has section 8 now and moved into her current residence which already had problems and she added to the. she owes this landlord rent that she says she is not going to pay plus the money he added for damages. housing authority told her she had to pay it in order to keep her voucher. she rather let go of it and move on her own. smdh. i wish i had a voucher and she has one and wont do the right thing. some of our people! i swear!

Quoting Mishandia:

I wouldn't do it, but I would help find a place on her own. she made the mess she needs to deal with the outcome of it. Came she get subsidised housing? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleBirdFly
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I would not do it. I have seen too many bad stories like that! It usually never ends well.

queensweet
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Yup! what i have learned is that some people are leeches and opportunists. they have no problem with sucking up whatever resources they can and not caring about whom they affect or destroy in the process. I have heard of stories of landlords having to file bankruptcy because of a tenant destroyed their properties and it would cost too much money to repair. for these reasons, i could never be a landlord.

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

I would not do it. I have seen too many bad stories like that! It usually never ends well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)