Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

boomerang kids

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 29 Replies

*young adults who left to go to college, get married or just strut their independence - end up moving back in with mom and dad* Have you ever became a boomerang kid? When did u leave the house?I left the house when I was 18....thought I knew everything lol. I ended up back at my parents house within 6 months lol. ....I left the second time and returned for a short time as well. I havent been back to my parents house in 8 years and don't plan on returning ;) Do u think you will let your kids come back. I'm sure I will but DH says no lol

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Yes I was a boomerang young women, after I got my place in another state in my early twenties after of few years of being on my own, I started having car trouble and not having a car in some places is non optional, so I lost my job, became homeless and had to return home to my mom, for a year to get back on my feet.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM

After going what u went through...do u think you will let your kids comeback or will you some how better prepare them incase of car trouble, etc...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Yes I was a boomerang young women, after I got my place in another state in my early twenties after of few years of being on my own, I started having car trouble and not having a car in some places is non optional, so I lost my job, became homeless and had to return home to my mom, for a year to get back on my feet.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, my children to be honest with will never have to go if they want to stay I will let them stay. And if they run into car trouble me and their papa have been saving funds for them since birth so by the time they are old enough to decide what they want to do with their lives they should have enough money to buy a new car if car trouble occurs, but if they need to come back home they will be more than welcomed back.  My doors will always and forever be open for my babies. I love them so much I really don't want them to move out, but I know they will someday get married and have housewholes of their own to run, yet even then I will strive to always be there for them when they need me.

Quoting leaniece:

After going what u went through...do u think you will let your kids comeback or will you some how better prepare them incase of car trouble, etc...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

yep. moved out at 18 and then moved back in with first my mom then my mother in law.  I had to go or my grandmother was going to cause me to be one of those episodes of snapped. She was so mad I got pregnant she was being real extra with it. It was not in the interest of my health, freedom, or santity to stay there. By the time D went to basic my mom had her own place so I stayed there the end of my pregnancy and then moved with my mother in law when she PCS'd after I had my baby.

I'll let my kids come back but D swears he won't. (yes he will)

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM

My grandpa has a plan for that with all of us on it. He said he "learn my lesson with ya gat damn mudder and ya gat damn aunt" in his Panamanian accent. (you know ish got real when that accent comes out) To this day I can call and anywhere in the country they will come get me. LOL But D also has one through our insurance so I use ours to save my Papa my money.

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

iluvdwc
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
When I left at 17, I left. I haven't lived there since. My children will always be able to come home if they are doing something productive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, I moved out at 19 (a month shy of my 20th bd) and had to move back home at 25, stayed there for about 2 years (after the birth of my second child)...and haven't been back since.  Wow, that's been 20 years!

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Hell no. my mother and I dont get along at all. We went to visit when ds was a year and we fought the whole time. I would rather live with a troll under a bridge than to have to go to her house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep I was out @ 18 & haven't looked back since my parents house is a nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. My girls will always be welcome to come back as long as they are in school or working.
JakesMom712
by Mel on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I moved out at 16, my grandmother became ill so i had to move back home at 26. Ugh it sucks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)