Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
When you come to terms that a person just isn't right for you. I put 15 months in with this person. Its been sooo many ups and Downs, so much drama. Im just ready to let it go, I don't wanna keep being dragged into this bottomless pit that is us. I wanna be happy I want someone who appreciates me. I'm tired of walking away and then you decide you miss me and wanna make it work. I want to be strong enough to not run back when you call or text. You can't give me what I need no matter how much I fought. I don't wanna fight for us. How do you walk away from it, I'm not sure.

Update so we texted and its done and I do.have that sense of calm. I just can't do this anymore. He is stressed with life and instead of include me he shut me out. When I got mad and asked why he was ignoring me he just let it all out . Like I am a mind reader and knew these things. He was then like he's out or whatever. I will miss him but I just can't do this anymore. I ask him to just leave me alone and let me move on. I love him but I feel like I'm not a part of his life aand he needs his space to work on him and his life.I just hope he leave me alone. I don't contact him he's the one who always contacts me. I want to just move on from this. Thank everyone for your input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
smiley83
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Yea, what she said.

Quoting mspecan_tan:

Just walk and don't look back....igg text and phone calls....think about your happiness and how he can't give it to you....if all that fails, get drunk...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you pray? The flesh is weak... Good luck with everything.

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and I also think, that when you truly come to terms with something, it allows you to have a certain inner calm within yourself....even though it's normal to question or even want the good times back, you just have to remind yourself of what you TRULY want/need out of life.

jazmya_mom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
when you are ready you will just do it.... *sending strength and support* your way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust me you'll know.  There will be a sense of calmness that will come over you.  It'll be different than the "other" times you've said you were done.  You'll start thinking singular, about self fulfillment and what will make you happy.  I've definately been there. 

isaiahbellamom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Anayiah3:

Pm me sometimes :-) ignore all texts or calls when u feel weak send those msgs to a friend instead! Time heals everything be happy

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

When you come to terms that a person just isn't right for you. I put 15 months in with this person. Its been sooo many ups and Downs, so much drama. Im just ready to let it go, I don't wanna keep being dragged into this bottomless pit that is us. I wanna be happy I want someone who appreciates me. I'm tired of walking away and then you decide you miss me and wanna make it work. I want to be strong enough to not run back when you call or text. You can't give me what I need no matter how much I fought. I don't wanna fight for us. How do you walk away from it, I'm not sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akeelia
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Its not gonna be easy but it gets better. Just keep reminding yourself, you need someone better, who appreciates you, someone who makes you happy, an not someone whose gonna drag you down. exactly what you put in your post, is what you should remind yourself of when you take a step forward. 

grownsexy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Put one foot in front of the other and keep stepping. Don't look back and no regrets.Life is to short for regrets get the lesson in it and keep it moving. You can do it. Good luck to you.

MommysTimeOut5
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Have a strong support system and enough love for yourself to make it through the tough times ahead. I have been off and on with my daughter's father for 12 years and I don't wish that on and off pain for anyone. 

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Walk away. --->just that easy

(I'm mobile) I'll up date in a few minutes.. Here's a bump for the wait

UPDATE: I had an ex lover who I was HEAD OVER HEALS IN LOVE WITH, he had a bbymamma who stayed down south with there child (were gonna call the bbymamma name (H) & the ex lover name (S).

So (S) would go visit (H) every winter and every summer (S) would visit me. Now I noticed the patter the 3rd year of me knowing (S) so I told him he can't keep thinking he can have his cake & eat it too. When he
would leave I wouldn't know a thing until he was gone.

Now @ the time (S) wasn't my man, just a lover. His bbymamma (H) was just his bm OF MY KNOWLEDGE. Anyway, when he would be up North (he's from here) he would be with me, (H) would call he'd leave out the room or wait when I wasn't around so he could talk to her, I guess so it wouldnt mess the mood up etc (I didn't mind bc he wasn't my man). So out of no where (H) would call me cussin me out tellin me ”OH, I SEE YOU STILL IN THE PICTURE HUH B**** etc etc, I would ask (S) how she got my f***in # he would say, ”she had to have gone though my phone. I didn't care bc her problem should have been with him not me (babymamma drama)

So I would tell him I'm getting tired of the bs things are going to have to change or I'm leaving he said ok, it'll change, I won't leave and not tell you first, I just leave to go see my kid. I'll do better blah blah blah..

FAST FORWARD.. winter comes, what does (S) do, he leaves again, no nothing, no I'm leaving no nothing. We didn't stay together but @ times we did.

5 yrs later same old bs, I finally left him alone & met my DF. @ that time I only knew my DF for about 3 weeks, (S) pops back up in the picture he wanted 2 see me & vice verse ((I had a new # that he didnt have, he got in touch with me through fb)) so he came by we sat in his car talked for awhile, my DF (almost boyfriend @ the time) called me, I get out the car b4 I answered & told (S) to hold on. Me & DF were talking for awhile finally I get off the phone, (S) is like ”Oh, uhmmmmm... . (Stretches head) who was that? I tell him someone you don't know, why? (S) says oh ok, u don't have 2 tell me. So out of nowhere (S) asked me how come he can't get my #, I explained bc I'm trying to move on with my life.

All of a sudden, (S) eyes start tearing up, I looked @ him in his eyes Smh said Goodbye & that was the last time I've heard or seen him. Karmas a b**** couple days later DF told me he wanted me to be his girlfriend. I said yes, & every since I've gotten over (S). Now I'm engaged and we have a 12 month old.

moral of the story is, it may take awhile to move past someone but in the end it is always something better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN