Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Space Bags

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

So, I'm still planning for this deployment.

Have any of yall used space bags before? It seems like a really easy way to condense my fabrics ( Lia's clothes, mine, linen/bedding, pillows, etc etc) and it keeps the space I'll need in storage low too ( which in turn lowers costs)

The commercial makes it seem like I can fit all my bedding in one bag, I'll only need boxes for stuff like kitchen stuff, my books, shoes, Lia's other stuff, bathroom stuff and w/e else I'm not thinking of right now.

If I can do that I save money on the uhaul and all of that.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candy2
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I placed an order and am waiting for mine to come in the mail. I'm excited cause I need space. I'll update once they come!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I've never used them but a friend of mine does and loves them.  Stick a couple fabric softener sheets in them when you go to seal the clothes in and they smell like they just came out of the dryer when you open them.  If it's just for one time use, the dollar store ones will do.  If you're looking at reusing them again, I was told to go places like Walmart to get them.

BarbadianBeauty
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:12 PM
We have some. They work very well. We use to put our winter clothes in them when we still lived in apartments. We still use them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Quoting SunFlower700:

I've never used them but a friend of mine does and loves them.  Stick a couple fabric softener sheets in them when you go to seal the clothes in and they smell like they just came out of the dryer when you open them.  If it's just for one time use, the dollar store ones will do.  If you're looking at reusing them again, I was told to go places like Walmart to get them.

I was told they're cheaper online on the companies site and i like to reuse stuff cuz I def am a store away for the next season type of person lol and luckily I think I have some dryer sheets around somewhere

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quoting BarbadianBeauty:

We have some. They work very well. We use to put our winter clothes in them when we still lived in apartments. We still use them too.

do they get as thin as the commercial makes it seem?

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quoting Candy2:

I placed an order and am waiting for mine to come in the mail. I'm excited cause I need space. I'll update once they come!

oh yes PLEASE let me know....and let me know how long they take to get to you too.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Yes. I've used them they are awesome. Just don't lose that blue thingy or your screwed LOL

Makes vacations easier too.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting BarbadianBeauty:

yes they do.

MandiFuego
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting BarbadianBeauty:

yes they do.

ok good, I wanna put Lia's stuff in one or 2 of the big cube ones and pop it in a carboard box and ship it to TX... With all the fabric being condensed like that is it heavy? ( I'm thinking about possible shipping cost if the uhaul thing isn't worth it)

BarbadianBeauty
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea. We had comforters in them too.

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting BarbadianBeauty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN