Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

natural hair cab someone help me out

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 41 Replies
My daughter had a head full of long thick 4b 4c hair, and I just took out her box braids that was up for about 4 weeks but now her hair is really tangled and she is very tender headed and you know that don't mix, can anyone help me out on a detangling method that won't hurt her scalp so bad and a good conditioner to use to help with the tangles thanks in advance mommies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM
4 moms liked this

I like kinky curly knot today conditioner...works great on my curly tangled hair.

jaysmom2002
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this
What I do for my hair is spritz it with some water and apply some cheap conditioner like V05 section it and dangle from the ends up, wash it and put in a deep conditioner. Hope it helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. It is thick and it helps comb through the tangles. I also like Tresemee shampoo. It doesn't dry out her hair and it gets the sticky gum out of her hair that braids leave.

Lettybug
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Yes ma'am that stick stuff is driving me insane thanks for that I have some treseme in the cabinet

Quoting kikitice:

I like the Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. It is thick and it helps comb through the tangles. I also like Tresemee shampoo. It doesn't dry out her hair and it gets the sticky gum out of her hair that braids leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh nevermind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DVS
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Damn you can't unbraid .......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lettybug
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Her hair is unbraided, but I'm just trying to detangle it now, looking for some good conditioner to help detangle

Quoting DVS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scooby747
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

you can use a detangler thats used on kids i cant remember the name sorryyyyyyy but it does wonders on adults too...treseme is the best shampoo ever i think i have baby fine dry hair and it makes it sooooooooo soft good luck hope this helps out also google your questions too they can help you with a lot of answers.

Lettybug
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Thanks a bunches:-)

Quoting scooby747:

you can use a detangler thats used on kids i cant remember the name sorryyyyyyy but it does wonders on adults too...treseme is the best shampoo ever i think i have baby fine dry hair and it makes it sooooooooo soft good luck hope this helps out also google your questions too they can help you with a lot of answers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DVS
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM
If you knew how to unbraid then you would not have this problem is all I am saying......and yes I have experience to say that you must not know how to unbraid being that my daughter's hair is past her butt and I do it all the time

Quoting Lettybug:

Her hair is unbraided, but I'm just trying to detangle it now, looking for some good conditioner to help detangle

Quoting DVS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN