Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Money is the root of all evil!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 23 Replies
Do you think this an accurate statement," Money is not everything, it is the only thing?" What are you thoughts?

"Bad Chick Joi"

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't necessarily believe it's the root of ALL evil but it certainly brings out the evil in some
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You really can't survive without it..so its pretty accurate! How you handle it is a different question. hmmmm.  

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Money serves a purpose, but it's not everything to me. I use it for its intended purpose. However, the most important things in life are things that money cannot buy.

Candy2
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Its not money but the LOVE of it that is the root. I kinda agree cause when you trace most if not all evil back to its root, it boils down to greed (money).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybunches26
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM
4 moms liked this

i dont think money is anything.. i play this society game because what i want out of my life is a home and to travel but without money in this society i couldnt have that.. but really money is fake society is fake and against nature.. thats why just by living this lifestyle we are killing the planet.. so to me money is nothing just a means to an end in this current day and age.. i could be content in the wild in a hut eating berries with my family.. i am sooo simple

queensweet
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell it sista. what it boils down to is that no matter if money exists or not, God always provides. No material thing should not be allowed to have that control on anyone.

Quoting Honeybunches26:

i dont think money is anything.. i play this society game because what i want out of my life is a home and to travel but without money in this society i couldnt have that.. but really money is fake society is fake and against nature.. thats why just by living this lifestyle we are killing the planet.. so to me money is nothing just a means to an end in this current day and age.. i could be content in the wild in a hut eating berries with my family.. i am sooo simple

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Yes and No. Money maybe the root of all evil,but I believe it is to those born with it, who have no ideal how to cherish what it can do for you. I believe that money for some one who can appreciate what it does for stability,and enriching your life and your Family's lives, could never be as frivolous as the Hiltons,Kennedys,and Romneys of the world. I couldn't fathom wasting money on diamond chokers for dogs,buying a one million dollar home,let alone a four and a half million dollar four bedroom home,for two people. People that earn it, take care of it. Those born to it are deathly afraid of losing it and will slit a loved one's throat to have a bigger piece for themselves. Your statement in the OP is what these spoiled brats conjure up,to me.

charleyd68
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Oh so agreed.

Quoting luvthagirl:

I don't necessarily believe it's the root of ALL evil but it certainly brings out the evil in some

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

You are right Ma. But some of us survive on very little,LOL. I always say I am a very creative book keeper. 12 kids,I had to be. Problem, the football team of Sons haven't paid dividends as of yet,Ha!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

You really can't survive without it..so its pretty accurate! How you handle it is a different question. hmmmm.  

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

All Momma you are special. I agree,my family is the source of my extreme joy and devotion after GOD, and he in his infinite wisdom blessed me with them. I just need more to ease their stress,the oldest is 27 going on 28 on Saturday, and the other 11,7 are 20 somethings and the rest, 18,15 & 14 I'd Love to ease the adult responsibilities and set the grands(5) up with college monies. That's all,I believe what it's intended for. But you are a sweet one.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Money serves a purpose, but it's not everything to me. I use it for it's intended purpose.  However, the most important things in life are things that money can not buy.

*REAL TALK*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)