Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

It's not easy being attractive

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 281 Replies

I know it sounds conceited but the truth is---when you're attractiv you get a lot of hate your way.

EXAMPLE:

Yesterday I was with a friend and her tire went out on the expressway. We called her service and the woman on the phone was super nice. we waited and once they came we went to talk to the tow truck guy. The woman who had spoken with us over the phone was rolling her eyes and giving major stankness. She was all nice until she saw us face to face. Apparently she runs the routes with her man and didn't like the looks of us. Tell me why? Why can't we be nice to each other? I mean damn YOUR man likes you enough to have you riding next to him all effing day---why be pissed off at 2 pretty happily married women?

UUGGHH!

What do you notice that makes being attractive ---or having a nice physique hard?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dahlya21
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
We will never understand.don't pay them any mind. Just pretty girl rock LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HookedDreamer
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I would think that there's a lot of issues with being considered attractive.  The unwanted attention would be the worst in my opinion.  People who discredit your thoughts and opinions because there is an association with attractive people being less than smart.  Then some people put a lot of pressure on themselves to remain attractive by societies standards and that can cause an internal battle.  

Ask me about my suicide...
Dana267
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

YES indeed---you nailed it.

Quoting HookedDreamer:

I would think that there's a lot of issues with being considered attractive.  The unwanted attention would be the worst in my opinion.  People who discredit your thoughts and opinions because there is an association with attractive people being less than smart.  Then some people put a lot of pressure on themselves to remain attractive by societies standards and that can cause an internal battle.  

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
4 moms liked this

I try to focus on the positives of being considered 'attractive' to the world's standards. I try to be as nice and relatable as possible when I see other women staring with that "who this bitch think she is?" look. It's the beauty inside that truly shines.    

queensweet
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Its crazy. lol. Personally I find it hard to have comaraderie with other women for this reason and the simple fact that I am educated and sometimes more educated than a lot of the women I meet. The thing is I am still down to earth and love to have a good time but they still hate on me. smh. It is what it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I love me!!!!! My Granny always told me to walk with my shoulders back and head up and that's what I do everyday!!! It's not my problem if someone doesn't like me because of what i look like.                               *****It IsWhat It Is*****! I can't be worried about what someone thinks of me!! Plus you don't know what it took for me to get where I am.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she had just had an argument with her man was the reason she was salty, I mean it could have been a number or reasons for her change in behavior.
What makes you think it had anything to do with your looks?

To answer your question in my eyes I'm very easy on the eyes and I must admit I have a banging body and I've never encountered any problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonyLove29
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it's  little different for me . People normally dislike me because they don't like the way I look.  But I like my looks so Forget them!

Btw... How do you know exactly if thats the reason for her stankness? Or Are you tooting your own horn? Lol honk! honk!

Purplehaze87
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Pics or you ladies are liars!

Lol jk.  But I've been on both ends of the spectrum.  Where it's effected me the most is the work place:  I worked in a bar where the co-owner who was always there was a womanizer and I'm sure he had "sexual relations" lol with several female employees.  I was not his type so I didn't have to worry about that.  I also worked for at a restaurant and for some reason the GM focused on me and tried very hard to get into my pants.  Needless to say it didn't happen and I didn't stay at that job long.

So I guess attractiveness can be used to your advantage and to your disadvantage in different situations.

Dana267
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Exactly---I always start off nice- because you can tell by the expression what they are thinking. Seems though the nicer you are the more they wanna come at you----then you have to go there.

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

I try to focus on the positives of being considered 'attractive' to the world's standards. I try to be as nice and relatable as possible when I see other women staring with that "who this bitch think she is?" look. It's the beauty inside that truly shines.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN