Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

your mother

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 48 Replies
I ran into one of my mother's friends and she asked how she was and when did I last talk to her. I told her she is well and that I talked to her some time ago. She said "You are suppose to check on and visit your mother." Oookay? Not that I had to explain myself but I told her that many times my mother is out and about and busy. At times I do talk to my mother everyday but just as God has it, I get busy with school, work, being a single mom and of course, just being a woman. lol. How often do you talk to your mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Believe86
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM
My mom and I talk a couple of times a week,mostly through text. I live 600 miles away from my hometownand between work,school and being a military family...we get busy. There's no love lost but we both understand that we have our own lives. I'd never let's weeks or month pass before we talk though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
We don't have the best relationship but if we not beefing we talk/text at least once a week.
mrsary
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I used to call her about 5 times a day! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyDayz
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably every other day or so. Usually just to bother me or ask me questions,and to check on her Grandkids. We did not have the best relationship growing up. Actually it was pretty bad, but I am older now, and I forgave.

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

There is not a day that goes by that I don't check in with my mother.  If I'm busy and can't talk for long I jsut say I was just calling to say hello. But I can't talk long, I'll call you again later.

queensweet
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Good for you. My mother and I had the same type of relationship you had with your mom growing up. Now some days we talk on the phone at least a few times. Other times we text.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wademom07
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I talk to mine everyday, if we don't call her you can bet she calls me ( to let me have it about not calling her)....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy2
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM
9 times a day,10 on Sundays! Lol ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but at least 3 times. I'm ok with once a day. Hell I'm ok with every other but she'd have a mild fit. May have something to do with me being her only child. ***shrugs*** its what works for you. Dont sweat the small stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMama06
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wademom07:

I talk to mine everyday, if we don't call her you can bet she calls me ( to let me have it about not calling her)....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Everyday.. sometimes several times a day. She also comes to visit for 2 weeks every other month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN