Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you enjoy what you do at work?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 55 Replies

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Yes, I love my job right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1216
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Not really!

That's why I'm back in college, so I can get a better job.. I'm a Correction Officer in a prison full of hardcore men, it's a risk going to work everyday...

Also I get disrespected every single day.. They try and hit on every female, call you a "Bitch" because you a female, call me a "Nigga" because I'm black.. And, and I can't anything but write them upfrown mini

Candy2
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just venting about this today. While I'm grateful for a job, this is not the career I'd hoped for. I went in expecting something else (I'm in law enforcement). I now see 1st hand that the criminal justice system is a HUGE joke and sets people up for failure. My college major was social work (helping), not keeping people down. Sorry for the vent but my job sucks. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy2
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow the sucks times 10. Is your facility not predominantly black?

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Not really!

That's why I'm back in college, so I can get a better job.. I'm a Correction Officer in a prison full of hardcore men, it's a risk going to work everyday...

Also I get disrespected every single day.. They try and hit on every female, call you a "Bitch" because you a female, call me a "Nigga" because I'm black.. And, and I can't anything but write them upfrown mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I love my job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1216
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Quoting Candy2:

Wow the sucks times 10. Is your facility not predominantly black?

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Not really!

It's more blacks and mexicans, then whites or any other races. But, they all still disrespectful!!

mrsary
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Really? That's what I want to do when I retire in 10 years... law enforcement! Haven't figured out which job yet though.

Quoting Candy2:

I was just venting about this today. While I'm grateful for a job, this is not the career I'd hoped for. I went in expecting something else (I'm in law enforcement). I now see 1st hand that the criminal justice system is a HUGE joke and sets people up for failure. My college major was social work (helping), not keeping people down. Sorry for the vent but my job sucks. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM

wow frown mini thanks for sharing.. Doesn't sound like something I can do on a daily, although there are those I guess who can brush it off and move on.. What are you transitioning too?

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Not really!

Candy2
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I don't think its a good career for people who are extremely caring/compassionate.

Quoting mrsary:

Really? That's what I want to do when I retire in 10 years... law enforcement! Haven't figured out which job yet though.

Quoting Candy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Me at work!

When I do its not bad at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)