Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How reality tv makes us look

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so am I the only one who hates the way reality tv makes black women look?? Ex: anyone seen mama drama? Why are the only two black moms on there soo loud always mad and wantin to fight and freaky and the 3 black children are the same. Loud ghetto and ratchet. Like could they not find a better mix to portray our race
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope! Because people see what they wanna see! And I am so over this collective BS and how we are all seen! We have powerful influential AA's in this world. To some closed-minded people they are still just a bunch of ni88as.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM
True but its like its a house full of white women and the black women (mothers and daughters) are the only one causing the problems. Watch the show you will see what i mean

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Nope! Because people see what they wanna see! And I am so over this collective BS and how we are all seen! We have powerful influential AA's in this world. To some closed-minded people they are still just a bunch of ni88as.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll take you word for it! LOL

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

True but its like its a house full of white women and the black women (mothers and daughters) are the only one causing the problems. Watch the show you will see what i mean

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misswitch93
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
They make their own self look like fools. No help needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honey27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I've watched mama drama and both black and the whites look ratchet to me just in different ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

What Misswitch said. Mimi, Kiki, Michelle or whatever their names are do not make me look bad, they make themselves look bad. When will people get past looking at a small population (you and other people with your way of thinking are included)n and thinking that these fools represent us all. THat annoys the crap out of me when people say that a couple of knuckleheads make an entire population look bad. I've never once ran into a Mexican person standing outside of Home Depot and thought to myself "where are the rest of them cause I know that's how they all get work?" Or look at some nerdy white dude playing WoW and assume all nerdy white guys plays WoW. YOU REPRESENT YOURSELF!

LaceNBklyn
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Okay! Everyone is going way to hard and taking it way to personal! It was never that serious. In my opinion when your showing someone on the media it gives ppl this idea that, thats how ppl in the race may act. Black, white, hispanic, asain whatever if we like it or not! And I feel I repeat I feel like they always find the most ratchet ppl to put on tv esp when it comes to black women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amada
by Gina <3 on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM
It hurts me. I know that scandal sells but damn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Exactly! Its just gross to me. Majority of shows make white ppl look high and mighty and we ALL know every race has a certain down fall but AA shows alwaysss seem to be soo extra! Down to the names they chose. That pretty little black girl
From the browns now has her own
Show and I think her name
Is china or somethin?? Like really china? Even the backyardigans the black girls is shaniqua or something? Its a mess

Quoting Amada:

It hurts me. I know that scandal sells but damn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Like uncivilized, ghetto animals... is an understatement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)