Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do you think that we can learn from other cultures?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 33 Replies

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes and we do
DOMTITI
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

of course :)

HookedDreamer
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:06 AM
2 moms liked this
It is better to get to know other cultures in order to get a better understanding of one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Have you personally learned anything from a different culture? If so what? I have I learned how to speck French from my dh. I also learned how to prepare different foods from other cultures. such as fufu, tacos, and Spanish food. Oh and one more Caribbeans style ox-tails...

A lot more I guess, I love different cultures.

Quoting CocolateLady:

Yes and we do

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I agree with this, what can you think of that you learned from a different culture?

Quoting queensweet:

It is better to get to know other cultures in order to get a better understanding of one another.

Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting queensweet:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM
4 moms liked this
How to be submissive. lol. thats right! I said it and I will say it again! I dont know how anyone else was raised, but I was raised directly and indirectly that "we dont need no man" and I believe that is partly what is destroying our community. I believe that God made the woman to need a man and to be dependent and vice versa. I also have learned how to use my feminity (in a good way. lol.) to get things accomplished. Too often AA women are viewed as being angry and neck snapping. When I deal with other races especially in business, they too often are pleasantly surprised in how I speak and conduct myself. As a result, I get what I need and want.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I agree with this, what can you think of that you learned from a different culture?

Quoting queensweet:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Exactly. I agree

Quoting queensweet:

How to be submissive. lol. thats right! I said it and I will say it again! I dont know how anyone else was raised, but I was raised directly and indirectly that "we dont need no man" and I believe that is partly what is destroying our community. I believe that God made the woman to need a man and to be dependent and vice versa. I also have learned how to use my feminity (in a good way. lol.) to get things accomplished. Too often AA women are viewed as being angry and neck snapping. When I deal with other races especially in business, they too often are pleasantly surprised in how I speak and conduct myself. As a result, I get what I need and want.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting queensweet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)