Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

For my red wine drinkers...........*edited*

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 49 Replies

Do you like merlot,malbac,cabernet,sweet red,shiraz,syrah?

Ladies if you haven't tried it,you must! Chocolate Shop Wine! Is AMAZING! It's a red wine infused with dark chocolate its soooo yummy! It's a treat in itself! If you were to have a glass of merlot with a chocolate candy bar on the side! And its still red like,red wine. As soon as you open it you can smell the chocolate&red wine combo! They other ones too Chocolate covered strawberry&Cream de cocoa wines! BUT the chocolate shop is the shiznit! Trust me! They run about $9-12 around here! Its a good desert wine,just by itself!

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Merlot and Cab. But Merlot is and will always be my first choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Have you tried malbac? Its soooo good! It's like a mixture of merlot,cab,shiraz all in one! Its amazing! I had my husband try it one day after I demo it. Its cool when I demo wine/champagne I get to take left overs. But anywho DH fell in love so we grab malbac when the mood hits! So one day we were out eating and DH says to waiter get us a bottle of malbac. Then we are sitting there and he says I didn't ask him how much? Girl he bought us a $55 bottle of malbac!! LOL We were crackin' up! DH was like oh well! But shit that was "cheaper" of the three on the menu! LOL

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I like sweet red
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Merlot, Cab, and Shiraz ( I love dark red dry wine)

Hate sweet, but would drink it first over white/blush wine

STARRYVONN
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

all reds except sweet wine.

PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

LOL and yes I have tried Malbec, I know its like $20 dollars here. But they always charge double if not more at the restaurant.  BYOB...LOL

I have bought an expensive bottle of Merlot a couple of times, but my favorite is Charles Shaw ($2 buck Chuck) @ Trader Joe's.  Part of the story to why his wine is so cheap is because of a bitter divorce lol

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Have you tried malbac? Its soooo good! It's like a mixture of merlot,cab,shiraz all in one! Its amazing! I had my husband try it one day after I demo it. Its cool when I demo wine/champagne I get to take left overs. But anywho DH fell in love so we grab malbac when the mood hits! So one day we were out eating and DH says to waiter get us a bottle of malbac. Then we are sitting there and he says I didn't ask him how much? Girl he bought us a $55 bottle of malbac!! LOL We were crackin' up! DH was like oh well! But shit that was "cheaper" of the three on the menu! LOL

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

LOL On base we get wines for $2.99-$8.99! Yes its not cheap wines! They'll have expensive wines down that low! Most of their wines they never bring it it past $11.99! Some wines will always be $15-20 mark there! But still cheaper than off base,plus no tax! I hate&love at the same time when I demo wine b/c they always have $2.99 wines and I'm pushing something that cost anywhere from $5.99-15.99! Ugh! I get creative I say its "on sale"! Because sometimes its not! Those distributor are so out of touch,yes that want their ish to sell but wine at a certain doesn't hold water! Like most people don't buy wine during Cinco de Mayo! lol! But I stand there for 3-4hrs. I'm still getting paid! And its fun!

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

LOL and yes I have tried Malbec, I know its like $20 dollars here. But they always charge double if not more at the restaurant.  BYOB...LOL

I have bought an expensive bottle of Merlot a couple of times, but my favorite is Charles Shaw ($2 buck Chuck) @ Trader Joe's.  Part of the story to why his wine is so cheap is because of a bitter divorce lol

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

krisdev67
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok...well now a topic I can relate to!  merlot, cabernet, shiraz/syrah.....never had malbac is it sweet?  I dont' do sweet wines!

krisdev67
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Girl we're from the same cloth....I don't drink sweet wine.  However before I'd drink a sweet red I'll drink a chardonnay or a white wine....

Quoting CocolateLady:

I like Merlot, Cab, and Shiraz ( I love dark red dry wine)

Hate sweet, but would drink it first over white/blush wine

micka5
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

which one is the sweetest of the bunch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN