Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just moved here to Colorado Springs in hopes to have a more stable and diverse community to raise my kids. I love it here. some of the pros to living here are the people are friendly, and the food is phenomenal. Great local restaurants and Farmers Markets. There are a lot of outdoor activities you can do in the mountains, and a lot of bike trails. (One of Amer. Fittest Cities) The weather is great, too.   *Please dont judge me*  Medical cannabis is legal here. I dont believe in taking prescription drugs, so I received a medical card to legally use it to overcome my severe menstrual cramps as a result from my tubal ligation. I love the sightseeing and have family on both sides that live in Colorado (Denver and Greeley area). This is military town and their are a lot of perks and discounts to living here. The cons would be that it is a bit expensive but the food isn't, to me, because it all local. Its a big city, and I have to learn my way around all over again. What is the reason you reside in the city you live in? Is it by choice? Do you love living there? What's special or something most people dont know about where u reside? I'm curious as to why people choose where they want to live.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (51-60):
Ladysigma07
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Hey Neighbor!

Jersey City, NJ Here...........

Quoting mrzsimmons322:

Hey Brick City sister!! I'm from Newark too :) born in JC & moved to Newark in 85 parents still live there in the same house. DH is a Newark cop

Quoting Litlmama87:

Newark, NJ

Originally from Tinton Falls, NJ

I wont talk about the negative we struggle with, but I adore & am in love with my city's underground house music & DJ circuit...it has opened many doors for me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
kplus2
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Norfolk, Virginia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hey Neighbor!

I work in JC.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Hey Neighbor!

Quoting mrzsimmons322:

Hey Brick City sister!! I'm from Newark too :) born in JC & moved to Newark in 85 parents still live there in the same house. DH is a Newark cop

Quoting Litlmama87:

Newark, NJ

I wont talk about the negative we struggle with, but I adore & am in love with my city's underground house music & DJ circuit...it has opened many doors for me.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yes I don't miss the humidity AT ALL.
Quoting Lettybug:

MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM

We plan to move to Colorado Springs, hope all works out in our favor

micka5
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Q.C. babe....born & raised...Charlotte, NC!! I love it here...don't think I'm leaving anytime soon ;))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladysigma07
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Really???

I work in Union, NJ

Quoting mrzsimmons322:

Hey Neighbor!

I work in JC.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Hey Neighbor!

Quoting mrzsimmons322:

Quoting Litlmama87:

Newark, NJ

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TassellsMark
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Locust Grove, Va..I am orginally from Hampton but we are military so we got to choose this next station...its country but we chose to live out here instead of the city because the house we bought is on 2 acres and with kids they have plenty of area to run neighbors are wonderful we are about 30 mins from fredericksburg and 20 mins from culpeper so not too far from shopping and I love the farmers market out here moset people grow their own veggies here and the school system is great but we will be leavin in 2014 for another duty station..got to love the military :)

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I hope it works out for u. :) this is a great place to raise a family.
Quoting MomRocs1102:

We plan to move to Colorado Springs, hope all works out in our favor

LovelyDayz
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I was born and raised in Queens, NY. Moved to Jersey city, NJ for 4yrs and came back to NY to Long Island. Right now where I'm at is temp. It's a nice neighborhood, but I feel like I should go back to NJ for some reason. Probably not the same area I was before though. I'm not too happy to be back in Ny for some reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)