Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Feeling Like a BAMF Right Now: Stop Paying Banking Fees!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a bank account I never use.  They keep charging me these "monthly maintenance fees" for having such a low balance.  I never argue about stuff, I always assume you just have to pay it.  But one day, I fought it.  I just called and I was like...why are you charging me for being broke?  And then...I called every month after that.  For two years.  They finally stopped charging my checking account two months ago, but I just noticed they're still charging my savings account so I contacted them today.

I NEVER buck the system.  I never argue about things, especially against institutions, I'm just a follow the rules type person.  But this is just a stupid ass fee to charge...how do you charge me for NOT using your bank?  So yup, this is the cause I've taken up.  LOL!

Haha.  GIMME MAH MUHNAY!

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
earthtone
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM

LOL sometimes you can't hold your tongue! Good for you!

queensweet
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I dont like how the banks do thing. I might just get a prepaid visa and have my funds directly deposited to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsea_rh
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I hate that too. Especially after I quite my job. The monthly fees are crap and they do it until you are overdrawn and then charge overdraft fees. I actually closed my account and got a Walmart money card. Much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smilely08
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you tried joining a credit union, we do not pay any fees!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Be careful, though, prepaid cards will say they don't charge you fees, but they will either stick you with a monthly fee or charge you up everytime you use your card.  Remember somebody's bank still owns those prepaid cards.  So far, BOA hasn't been charging any kind of fees (except when I use a non-BOA ATM) for doing online banking and using their ATM to deposit my paychecks and withdrawals.  I might open up a credit union account,soon.

Quoting queensweet:

I dont like how the banks do thing. I might just get a prepaid visa and have my funds directly deposited to that.

Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Way to go!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN