Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

When do you get rid of clothes?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm dreading putting away my summer stuff...

1. I'm losing weight, which means I have to have multiple sizes around ( once It cools off in mid october- nov around here, I'm giving away my summer maternity clothes, not like I'm going to be pregnant any time soon.)

2. I have SO many clothes.... I HATE turning my summer stuff over and storing it.

I think this time around, if I've never worn it...and I don't feel it's appropriate for me to be wearing..It's being donated.

I think I'm a hoarder guys LOL but... when do you decide to get rid of clothes?

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I get rid of old clothes as soon as something new comes in. Buy one item, let go of another. That way my closet doesn't get to full :-)

MandiFuego
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Quoting moosesmom:

I get rid of old clothes as soon as something new comes in. Buy one item, let go of another. That way my closet doesn't get to full :-)

I never heard that before, OMG I'd freak out if I had to do that LOL.... I'm trying to tell myself it's NOT normal to have 5 different pairs of black pumps! 3 pairs of red sneakers, its just...I just have too much...but I can't let go!  this is really hard for me...I'd be on hoarders crying and cussing the people out, making me get rid of my memories! I might need to talk to somebody about this....

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I was just about to say that! Seek help ASAP. LOL! I used to hold onto stuff like that. Clothing and shoes would be sitting in my closest and drawers for YEARS but I always told myself I would wear it...of course I never did. So I thought someone else could use these more than I can. So for every item I bought, I would donate something to the church. 

*Clearly I'm exaggerating with the EVERY ITEM part. lmbo. But I try to live by that philosophy. I do it with my daughter and her toys as well. Gives us a nice balance*

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting moosesmom:

I never heard that before, OMG I'd freak out if I had to do that LOL.... I'm trying to tell myself it's NOT normal to have 5 different pairs of black pumps! 3 pairs of red sneakers, its just...I just have too much...but I can't let go!  this is really hard for me...I'd be on hoarders crying and cussing the people out, making me get rid of my memories! I might need to talk to somebody about this....

MandiFuego
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

smh, I'm so selfish, I kept some of Lia's NB stuff for her memory box, but the rest, I've donated already.... but I can't get rid of panties I wore in the 9th grade...they don't even fit  now! This pregnancy made my butt bigger, and ppl keep telling me it won't go back this time!...I shud just throw em away..but I can't! I got some panties for this boy, cuz I was gonna give him some on graduation night( his school colors) I can't get rid of them and I hadn't seen that boy for over a year til I saw him the other day pickin up his BM from school( I wasn't being creepy lol from my apartment, I can see the front of the school, and he...stands out..with his cute but overly obnoxious self..... )smh...I def have some issues I don't wana be trapped in my bedroom!

Quoting moosesmom:

I was just about to say that! Seek help ASAP. LOL! I used to hold onto stuff like that. Clothing and shoes would be sitting in my closest and drawers for YEARS but I always told myself I would wear it...of course I never did. So I thought someone else could use these more than I can. So for every item I bought, I would donate something to the church. 

*Clearly I'm exaggerating with the EVERY ITEM part. lmbo. But I try to live by that philosophy. I do it with my daughter and her toys as well. Gives us a nice balance*

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting moosesmom:

diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I have two closets now that I am separated from my husband. One closet has summer clothes, and one has winter clothes.

bronze_1
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I just can't get ride of my clothes. I still fit clothes from the 9th grade. I love my clothes. Always wore classic pieces so as long as I don't look like a hooker or childish I'm not giving it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Quoting bronze_1:

I just can't get ride of my clothes. I still fit clothes from the 9th grade. I love my clothes. Always wore classic pieces so as long as I don't look like a hooker or childish I'm not giving it up.

lol exactly! When I moved to TX, my sister made me get rid of stuff I was wearing in 7th grade >.> She was like you're are not 12 anymore, stop wearing the powder puff girls on ur shirt! LMAO.

So now it's like..Ok... I have to remember I'm a mom!.....not a teen mom... a mom mom..., and I'm trying to be a normal adult in society, the wardrobe needs to fit...but in HS, one of my ex's LOVED to shop so I have so key pieces that I'll never give up lol

bronze_1
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol my boyfriends used to love to give me money when I was in high school so I used to shop my ass off. My mom was military, and she was gone a lot so she used to buy me a lot of key things that "every lady needs" lol so it's hard for me to part from my favorite things. Lol I don't see a reason to get rid of anything seeing as hubby still beats me out when it comes to clothes. Can't let him out dress me lol

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting bronze_1:

lol exactly! When I moved to TX, my sister made me get rid of stuff I was wearing in 7th grade >.> She was like you're are not 12 anymore, stop wearing the powder puff girls on ur shirt! LMAO.

So now it's like..Ok... I have to remember I'm a mom!.....not a teen mom... a mom mom..., and I'm trying to be a normal adult in society, the wardrobe needs to fit...but in HS, one of my ex's LOVED to shop so I have so key pieces that I'll never give up lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
In general if I don't love it or it makes me money I get rid of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:07 AM

When there isn't room for the new clothes! LOL Then the old ones have to go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)