Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Spin off at 5am- lol. How often do you purchase toys for your children?

Posted by   + Show Post
We only do on birthdays and Christmas. The only time my son buys things is with his own money that he's saved. My family goes overboard for holidays so the children get all they need for the year.

My poor 5 year old loves Doc McStuffins and wants the doll do bad she can taste it. Lol

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Replies (41-45):
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Here's what we do in November we do a "Give Toys To The Salvation Army Thing" so 90% of the toy she had from the year before we give to the SA and start over for Christmas so at no time do she have too many toys. She is 10yrs old now so she only wants Barbie dolls and dolls with hair because she likes to do hair. What I do is buy her stuff by seasons examples : summer- new pool, fall- video games, winter- toy shovel for the snow, spring- dolls. We don't do the only Christmas and birthday thing. It also depend on what she wants to. My son 17 enuff said.

tanishagreene
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My 1 yr old is more entertained by everything thats not a toy than a toy right now so i dont so to much toys that often right now. But as she gets older I intend to buy her toys all through out the year. I dont do holidays or birthdays at all so itll be through out the year. Im more big on doing things together and going places though than buying toys so we'll see when I get there.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM

my family buys all thesmall toys on birthdays and holidays. i have a big family and the youngest kids so they get alot of gifts every year. i usually buy the big gifts if need be like the bikes, video game systems,etc..

Babujai
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Almost never...not even birthdays and Christmas. They get toys from grandparents and aunts and uncles. For birthdays their party is the gift. For Christmas we try to do one big item from DH and I. One year it was a basketball hoop. Another year it was a big toy chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Too often...probably why she asks to go to Walmart. Cause she knows that's where toys come from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN