Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yuck!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
I bought curry by the pound today at the fish market. It was in the big wooden "barrel" i guess. And im so mad it made my chicken taste like straight curry, ever tasted or used tumeric?? Its a indian curry if i new it was so strong I would have used a tiny bit. Can you say a pack of chicken wasted.

Ever had any cooking accidents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micka5
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM

yep...not too many...sometimes I dont put the caps on tight and when i go to season something it all spills out....smh but wait....what happened again??

LaceNBklyn
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Oo that happen to me with seasoning salt ughh!!

And basically I bought the wrong curry so i used it like I would the bottle curry powder and the chicken came out tasting like too much curry because its like pure grade curry

Quoting micka5:

yep...not too many...sometimes I dont put the caps on tight and when i go to season something it all spills out....smh but wait....what happened again??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micka5
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

oh yeaa....ive made that mistake before too...when using fresh products & dried its a big difference...you can easily use too much. & some brands are stronger....hard leason to learn...as much as I like to eat i hate messing up some food!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Oo that happen to me with seasoning salt ughh!!

And basically I bought the wrong curry so i used it like I would the bottle curry powder and the chicken came out tasting like too much curry because its like pure grade curry

Quoting micka5:

jaidasmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I HATE indian curry. A friend(indian) made me some and i couldnt finish. Give me my jamaican curry and im good!

No cooking mishaps here, besides the occasional burning of rice before i FINALLY got it lol
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

omg me and my God sister were making tuna sandwhiches when we were kids. well we tried to sprinkle black pepper on it and the whole thing poured out.  all i remember was her mom yelling "uh uhh! i know you dont think you are  gonna throw that away? you better eat that!" i was like really??? lol

Babujai
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM
I still can't cook rice stovetop! Every time I try it's a mishap.

Quoting jaidasmommy:

I HATE indian curry. A friend(indian) made me some and i couldnt finish. Give me my jamaican curry and im good!

No cooking mishaps here, besides the occasional burning of rice before i FINALLY got it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of any cooking accidents that I had recently, nor can I recall the ones in the pass.  If it comes to my mind later on I'll share it.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Yes the seasoned salt and red pepper salt (which is the same color). I was making tilapia and I sprinkled red pepper salt on it instead of the seasoned salt and I cooked one. I always taste everything while I'm cooking. I tried it and GGGGGGIIIIIRRRRLLLL when i tell you my mouth was on FIIIIIRRRREEEEEE!!! I drank a half a gallon of milk (which I hate). The good thing is I corrected the mistake and the rest turned out great !!!

LaceNBklyn
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Omg I would have cried

Quoting MsCryStyle:

omg me and my God sister were making tuna sandwhiches when we were kids. well we tried to sprinkle black pepper on it and the whole thing poured out.  all i remember was her mom yelling "uh uhh! i know you dont think you are  gonna throw that away? you better eat that!" i was like really??? lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Omg u just made me hungry. I love talapia!! Steamed with mushrooms and peppers and red potatoes ughhhh damn

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Yes the seasoned salt and red pepper salt (which is the same color). I was making tilapia and I sprinkled red pepper salt on it instead of the seasoned salt and I cooked one. I always taste everything while I'm cooking. I tried it and GGGGGGIIIIIRRRRLLLL when i tell you my mouth was on FIIIIIRRRREEEEEE!!! I drank a half a gallon of milk (which I hate). The good thing is I corrected the mistake and the rest turned out great !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)