Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

wouldn't you be offended......?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM
  • 31 Replies

if someone came over to your house and offered to clean up? my sister always offers to clean up for a small fee and it is starting to piss me off. i am not dirty whatsoever and though i don't clean like a mad woman, i know it's not gross in here either. she wants to get paid to clean per room, i guess because i am pregnant and she figures i don't always feel like it...but to say that almost everytime she comes over is offensive, rude, and insulting. how would you feel if that happend to you?

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kikitice
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Since it is your sister, I would just tell her to shut up and go clean her own ish! lol You can also remind her she is welcome to stay in her house...I'm just saying!

Babujai
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the condition of your house. Maybe she's just hard up for cash but wants to earn it instead of asking for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM

yeah she is...that is true. she wants the money too, but i am offended still. i am like, why don't you just borrow it like you always do lol. but we don't have it anyways....it's just to see someone looking around and speaking outloud about cleaning your house...it's offensive.

Quoting Babujai:

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the condition of your house. Maybe she's just hard up for cash but wants to earn it instead of asking for it.

KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

That's a good answer, and I agree with this.

Quoting Babujai:

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

That was my first thought after reading the OP's post.

Quoting Babujai:

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM
It's kinda like offering a person with bad breath and tic tac
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Quoting luvthagirl:

Smh, LOL... Wow!
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quoting luvthagirl:

Especially if they are known to have smelly breathe and they know that their breath smell, and every time you see them you say hey would like some tic tacs, Lol... I'm cracking up off the very thought of that.
AdellesMom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Well, my opinion is that she's probably in need of some cash. So, she's offering to clean in exchange for the money. I don't think she meant anything nasty behind it. No, I wouldn't be offended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Quoting SunFlower700:

That was my first thought after reading the OP's post.

Quoting Babujai:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)