Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

are you able to wait on faith or a blessing in your life

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

me i really cant say faith hurts and so does blessings. so when do you say enough is enough  want someyhing all mine's. are you a bad person, mother, friend, wife, etc. for doing that.

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MandiFuego
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure what you actually meant but I know when enough is enough simply by the way my heart feels. If I've tried to make something work and it's just not...enough is enough.

I'm not sure how that makes you a bad person.... you didn't give much detail, but in general no, that doesn't make you a bad person....it makes you a person.

KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You are not a bad person for wanting something for yourself.

Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Like Mary Mary say...go get it, go get YO BLESSIN!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM
We are suppose to want something for ourselves. We work hard being a mother etc. I deserve alot. But i try to stay humble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  But I can say some times it does hurt to wait on your faith and/or blessing to be manifested.  But I encourage you to wait and don't  do things on your own.  Assuming you're talking about things your asking, praying and waiting on God to do.  You don't want to bless yourself.  You  want God to bless you.  I know what I'm talking about.  I've had my share of ups and downs.  When I find myself down and about to give in I pray for God's strength so I can wait on Him.  He helps me every time!  Waiting comes easier for some more than others.  It was something that I had to learn and I'm still learning.  I've heard it said we're a microwave generation we want it right now and I believe it's true.  I also believe that good things come to those who wait.  Be encouraged.  I promise I have learned some things through my waiting experiences.  I have testimonies.

Psa 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I don't understand the question but I think that it is imperative to do as much as you can to get where you want to be.  If you were to always wait until someone else decided that you should finally get what you deserve or what you wanted,you would probably be waiting a long time (if you ever got it at all).  There are times to have patience and there are times when you have to help yourself.  It is not selfish to go after what you want or to take action in making yourself happy.   

micka5
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM

i think you are suppose to want your blessing....NOW! & you are suppose to get up & do something...God helps those who help themselves...i know all i have to do is take the first steps and the rest is pretty much laid out..& worrying is def out the window...no need for that bc I know He going to do what he says...maybe cchange your heart & out look on everything...positive thinking!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)