Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

So I go and get my hair done today, if that's what you wanna call it. Anyway, a young lady comes in there. She's been to this place a few times because her and the hair stylists are on a first name basis. They start talking and the stylist says that she'll buy foodstamps. The girl says "for real?" and she says yeah. So the girl gets on the phone to find out her balance. She says that she has, I believe, about 180? 108. 1 something with an 8, hell I don't remember. They start going back and forth about what she'll pay and everything, then the stylist says she's not falling for that again and so on. I guess they figured something out, I don't know because I got on Youtube. But I was amused because I see people complaining about that on social media but never seen IRL. The young lady had a touch screen cell phone and an iPad (that she paid $600 for. I know that for sure because I asked cause I want one), $80 Remy hair (the stylist asked her about that) and collects food stamps.

She's also a sophomore in college and is a single parent who's child's dad doesn't pay child support (she said that she was gonna file on him cause the baby is 5 mo and he hasn't her in 5 months) so I don't blame her at all. Hell, I really don't care if a person collects stamps or not. It was just one of those moments that made me think of those Facebook posts and folks on here complaining about 'you have an iPhone but you're on foodstamps". Kinda tickled me.

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Replies (71-71):
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Other than the one post on here that I misread and apologized to the poster for, which wasn't your post.  I'm following the replies quite well.  Isn't that the whole purpose of food stamps, to buy food and not iPads, iPhones, hair weaves, etc...  LOL  Besides, she was joking and even if she wasn't, still that's not being greedy as she's using the food stamps for what they are for food.  For your information, I do know of people in RL who are greedy when it comes to food, and guess what they are pencil thin.  LOL 

Quoting summerssky:

You all are not following the replies, mika said she was greedy about eating food and that she would use ALL her stamps on food and I said being greedy with food makes you fat.  Hellllloooooo, follow the replies please before saying something goofy.  I'm just saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN