Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

In a mood........long story......

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm in a mood today! First, my brother bugged me to use my car several times before I let him use it. Stating that he had to take his 4th child to the doctor. It irritates me because he had a car and because he NEVER made the payment on time, his car was then repossessed. That was like his 7th car since he got his license. I understand that she's a newborn but damn, that's his kid, not mine! I know that it seems heartless but he's 28 years old and has been depending on my generosity for over 5 years and I'm the baby of 5. I'm only 26. I finally told him that he has to get his ish together because my car is for my family. He has his own LARGE family in which he refuses to tell his lazy ass girlfriend of his to get a job. If she got a job, then MAYBE they would be able to afford a car instead of living off of his $8.50 an hour McDonald's salary. There's nothing wrong with working at McDonald's but at least have two incomes. She has been offered a job and she turned it down. That was her 3rd job offer that she refused. So, I'm at the point where I can't take it anymore. They will no longer use my brand new car for whatever the hell it is that they need to do. I'm putting my foot down. I like having nice things and when other people destroy those nice things, it really pisses me off. My last car was driven into the ground because he kept asking to use it and being as kind hearted as I am, I let him. No more! This is the NICEST car that I have ever had with a DVD player, MP3 player,  and wood grain paneling, you know, the works and I'd be damned if I let him destroy this one. I think that he doesn't move forward with his life because he's content with riding on my coat tails.

2nd, my mom and sister borrowed 890.00 from me and were supposed to pay me back months ago. Whenever I ask for my money back, they ignore me and won't answer my calls. I'm only asking for 30.00 per week until it's paid off and nope! They won't even do that! I would hate to have to take them to court.

Ladies, please tell me that I'm not alone with family members that take advantage of your kindness!?!

I'm sorry ladies, just venting.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandiFuego
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

uhmmm u let them take advantage of u. Even if u take em to court, u might not get ur money back...I'd call it a lost and keep it moving.

KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Bump

cjordan86
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I know now. My husband has been telling me that for a while and I JUST NOW began to realize that he's right. I want to be able to call the money a lost but seriously that's a good chunk of money. It aggrevates me that my own mother and sister can take advantage of me so ready and willingly.......Grrrrr. You might be right though. Just won't be stupid enough to ever help them again.
banging head into wall<----After banging my head into the wall numerous times, I finally found that you can't save EVERYONE!

Quoting MandiFuego:

uhmmm u let them take advantage of u. Even if u take em to court, u might not get ur money back...I'd call it a lost and keep it moving.

MandiFuego
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cjordan86:

I know now. My husband has been telling me that for a while and I JUST NOW began to realize that he's right. I want to be able to call the money a lost but seriously that's a good chunk of money. It aggrevates me that my own mother and sister can take advantage of me so ready and willingly.......Grrrrr. You might be right though. Just won't be stupid enough to ever help them again.
banging head into wall<----After banging my head into the wall numerous times, I finally found that you can't save EVERYONE!

Quoting MandiFuego:

I knew this lesson, and I still lost about $2000, trying to help somebody....I'll make it back, and God will handle them...it took me over a month after I realized I was getting it back....I still wanna spit in their face...but I'm working on it lol

karingT
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Its ok my credit was ruin by family. My husband and I had to pay the debt. It's a learning experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjordan86
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I'm trying to work on my anger issues too. I can flip at the drop of a dime! LOL! I just wish that they would fix their mouths to ask me for anything ever again. If it's not life or death, they can forget about it!!!!! Family or no, enough is enough!

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting cjordan86:

Quoting MandiFuego:

I knew this lesson, and I still lost about $2000, trying to help somebody....I'll make it back, and God will handle them...it took me over a month after I realized I was getting it back....I still wanna spit in their face...but I'm working on it lol

cjordan86
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. I would've been pissed. They may never have heard the end of it!

angry

Quoting karingT:

Its ok my credit was ruin by family. My husband and I had to pay the debt. It's a learning experience.

karingT
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Trust me my husband see's to it. Then we let them move in because they were having hard times free of charge and I had to pay them to watch my kids. It was awful so we seperated our selves from them and have been doing good ever since.So I understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Wow.... well, we live and learn. And good for you for finally taking a stand!! Don't feel guilty about it either, sweetheart; they are grown able bodied adults just like yourself-- you are responsible for you and yours, not you, yours, theirs, them, etc. And how the #@*& is she turning down jobs in THIS economy??

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Pay them to babysit? Tha fugg? Smh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN