Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Christian Security

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: I believe in once sved always saved

Options:

I dont believe in Jesus period

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Hey ladies I know this is a very controversial topic. But hopefully I can get some responses without starting an ugly argument. I just want to know what everyones beliefs are concerning salvation. Is it conditional (can be lost) or is it secured (once saved always saved). Whichever one you beleve I would love to know why? Secondly whatever you do believe how does it impact how you live? Once saved always saved folks: do you live life carelessly because you know either way your going to heaven or do you still constantly strive to sinless. conditionally saved folks: do you walk around constantly dotting i's and crossing your t's to try and avoid dying in sin? Thanks ladies for your responses.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Personally, I don't believe in once saved, always the case.  I strive daily to please Him and I do try to keep in mind (and my kids minds) that He always keeps a watchful eye b/c of His love for us. I'm nowhere near neurotic, but I do try to keep those i's dotted/t's crossed, b/c we really don't know when He shall be back.. Can't be caught slipping. True, I fail; I'm human. But a reminder that I keep dear is that Eve was once saved, too.. She didn't necessarily die that way, tho.

MandiFuego
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not going to vote cuz I might not understand you. I accepted Christ when I was 12( I was baptised)...had no clue what it meant.....at 17, I accepted again( Joined a church)...by 18, I thought I was covered. I was good... here lately, I've had to repent, for A LOT...my mind is different now though.(21, almost 22)Now, I see living for me, doesn't work, I seem happy but then when ish blows up..it blows UP! I now live daily for him. I thank him daily, I seek him daily, I pray over my children, family and friends. I try to help anyone I can. It's a daily struggle with my flesh, so every day I have to ask god to forgive me for my sins, the ones I'm aware of and the ones I'm unaware of. Everyday, even my bad days, I'm thankful to have that day to live u know? I know he's going to make a way for my family. I might be strugglin, but it's ok, because I'm living for him, it's not about me....When I keep my commitment to god, when things go good in my life it's like AMEN, thank you for blessing me...when things don't go as well, it's like Lord, I know life wasn't meant to be easy, please give me peace about this situation etc etc, it all works out in the end.....this lifestyle change has made me VERY patient, and understanding...but I don't have fear..of anything...I'm not worried about anything. That alone is a blessing to me.

tanishagreene
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I like this response. What Im asking in a nutshell tho isdo you believe that as a christian, if you fall right now and de that you would go to hell or do you believe that you will be justified because you are his child?

Quoting MandiFuego:

I'm not going to vote cuz I might not understand you. I accepted Christ when I was 12( I was baptised)...had no clue what it meant.....at 17, I accepted again( Joined a church)...by 18, I thought I was covered. I was good... here lately, I've had to repent, for A LOT...my mind is different now though.(21, almost 22)Now, I see living for me, doesn't work, I seem happy but then when ish blows up..it blows UP! I now live daily for him. I thank him daily, I seek him daily, I pray over my children, family and friends. I try to help anyone I can. It's a daily struggle with my flesh, so every day I have to ask god to forgive me for my sins, the ones I'm aware of and the ones I'm unaware of. Everyday, even my bad days, I'm thankful to have that day to live u know? I know he's going to make a way for my family. I might be strugglin, but it's ok, because I'm living for him, it's not about me....When I keep my commitment to god, when things go good in my life it's like AMEN, thank you for blessing me...when things don't go as well, it's like Lord, I know life wasn't meant to be easy, please give me peace about this situation etc etc, it all works out in the end.....this lifestyle change has made me VERY patient, and understanding...but I don't have fear..of anything...I'm not worried about anything. That alone is a blessing to me.

tanishagreene
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM

ok, ok, so where does justification play apart in your belief? Also there are many sins that we commit daily unknowingly, does that bother you in anyway considering that by believing in conditional salvation  you basically believe that if you die while commiting a sin unknowingly that you are going to hell despite all the efforts that you have put into walking the straight and narrow the days before?

Quoting ayacocca:

Personally, I don't believe in once saved, always the case.  I strive daily to please Him and I do try to keep in mind (and my kids minds) that He always keeps a watchful eye b/c of His love for us. I'm nowhere near neurotic, but I do try to keep those i's dotted/t's crossed, b/c we really don't know when He shall be back.. Can't be caught slipping. True, I fail; I'm human. But a reminder that I keep dear is that Eve was once saved, too.. She didn't necessarily die that way, tho.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I believe that if you're TRULY saved you will always be saved. Meaning a saved person can stray and "lose" their way but will they will come back. Shaking your butt in the club and all of a sudden you hear that voice saying "you shouldn't be here" that's conviction. That's when the saved person removes themself from the situation and returns to God.

Anyone who claims to be saved but continues to live life they same way they did before they were saved, before they knew better...they were never saved to begin with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM

If i died right now, I'm not going to heaven. I truly believe that in my heart, cuz I still have hatred in my heart...I'm grateful for his mercy because I don't WANT to feel this way...but it's that struggle with the flesh. I don't think I'll ever feel entitled to heaven...The more I work for him, the easier it is for me to let go of my pain....but right now.. I'd be in hell...if I could only depend on my heart, I'd be fine...but my brain is always reminding me of people that have hurt me in the past and it's a struggle to get where I need to be to forgive them fully. I'm confident it'll happen though

Quoting tanishagreene:

I like this response. What Im asking in a nutshell tho isdo you believe that as a christian, if you fall right now and de that you would go to hell or do you believe that you will be justified because you are his child?

Quoting MandiFuego:

KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe in once saved always saved.

MandiFuego
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM

is there a time frame to this? My sister told me I was never saved...I simply looked at her and asked her how she knew? I got sucked into some things, knowing it was wrong..couldn't really find a way out til I gave up and asked God to save me and refused to do anything else...it's not that I didn't know it was wrong...it was just getting out of the situation that seemed impossible ( satan is a sly old fox smh) I was clearly ashamed of my choices, because I was trying to hide them...

but that lady thats Oh thank u jesus, all the time and praising god, and always giving a testimony but quick to cuss somebody( and anybody including the pastor) out...I wonder about her..but iono for sure...but she's been like that for the 10 years i"ve know her >.>

Quoting moosesmom:

I believe that if you're TRULY saved you will always be saved. Meaning a saved person can stray and "lose" their way but will they will come back. Shaking your butt in the club and all of a sudden you hear that voice saying "you shouldn't be here" that's conviction. That's when the saved person removes themself from the situation and returns to God.

Anyone who claims to be saved but continues to live life they same way they did before they were saved, before they knew better...they were never saved to begin with.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Only speaking for me... but I know how I used to live my life (wreckless)... when I had the mind frame of "I got saved at 17 so I'm good", I did/said/ate/drank any and everything because I always had that to fall back on. But when I decided that it was time to tighten some things up, I adopted this frame of mind b/c I was at the time a person that relied on crutches. I'm not all knowing by any means; I still do make mistakes. But I meditate/pray often that those unknown mistakes will be revealed to me by convictions and studying b/c His people fail often by lack of knowledge (Word). Now, many will argue that once saved its forever; I've seen great debates on it at various churches... But I chose personally just to believe in the opposite; by doing that I believe that I have benefited my spiritual being greatly. Again, only speaking for myself.

tanishagreene
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM

alright ms. Ann you dont get off that easy tell me why not??

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I don't believe in once saved always saved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN