Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Ok, I'm black well 1/4 isralie but I look black. When I try to go to salons they have come out and said I don't know what to do with your hair do to the dominicans but when I went to them they say they don't know how to do Black hair I'm trying to go natrual and I cant find a stylist near me to help.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Replies (61-70):
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quoting luvthagirl:

What pic?? I wanna see!!
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM
The pic on page 2

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting luvthagirl:

What pic?? I wanna see!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Thanks!

Quoting luvthagirl:

The pic on page 2

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting luvthagirl:

What pic?? I wanna see!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in NC and there are slim pickings of Dominican shops here. I tried to go to one when I was natural and even though they didn't turn me away, those ladies didn't know what the hell they were doing. They kept pulling my hair, asking me when my last texturizer was. I have major shrinkage and I just left. So OP, I can understand if they weren't exactly helpful at the salon but it looks like ur going to have to do like I did...surf the Internet and join some hair forums
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand what your mean when you say "hair like yours". From the pic your hair looks like what a black person with natural hair would look like. YouTube should be your best friend. Go on there and search for natural hair styles or regimens. My favorite person to look at on YouTube is mahagonycurls.

Quoting nikkis1990:

Thank you I know you all meant well I'm jst frustrated. I'mtryig to learn wat to do with it but unfortuately my father isn't a art of my fe and noody else in te family has hair like mine

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hi,

My 13 yr daughter is mixed but has more my dh hair texture.I take her to super cuts to get her ends trimmed and styled how she wishes.

~Tia

funbustours
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd suggest trying J.C. Penny Salon
sparkle11971
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Weird only because lots of dominicans have thick black hair. Dominicans should be able to to almost every type of hair . They have hair all different textures. A salon sould be able to do it period. Maybe try another salon.

Delila12
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Right! I live in SC. Even we have Dominicans that do some good hair. Everybody goes to them.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I think the OP is pulling our hair, I live in NY and there are plenty of Dominican shops and they all do great hair.

Quoting luvthagirl:

Or OP is pulling our leg

Quoting Hottmomma607:

And the Dominicans? Some folks are pulling your legs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quoting Delila12:

Exactly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN