Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do AA women know when to STFU?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 30 Replies
Lol

My husband was making jokes about President Obama's mediocre performance in the debate last night.

He said ---"Michele must've got in his shit on scheduling s debate on their anniversary and went off.". My husband said that nothing can screw with a black man's mind like his black woman. Bin Laden didn't shake him--- those pirates didn't shake him----he said not even the BP trouble.----but let his woman send him off wrong and shit can't be right.

It is just a joke but it got me thinking.

My question to the AA mommies in the group is---when your hubby/SO pisses you off right before he has to go to work----do you tear into him right before he goes to work or do you decide to wait until later?

Do we equip our men to face the world or do we sometimes drag him
Through the dirt before he even leaves the house?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakesMom712
by Mel on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this
When he pushes my buttons I let him know right then and there he pissed me the eff off. Now when I know he's really stressed, I try to bite my tongue. Try is the keyword, it doesn't always work. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

LOL Funny! DH&I are both easy going! Sorry to say its more like when his children drive me crazy he'll hear about! But for the most part I try to tone it down until he comes home! He doesn't have to hear me fuss about those children while at work! He got money to make(its salary)but same differnce kwim? LOL

Dana267
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting JakesMom712:

When he pushes my buttons I let him know right then and there he pissed me the eff off. Now when I know he's really stressed, I try to bite my tongue. Try is the keyword, it doesn't always work. Lol

I really don't bother him When it's a stressful time at the office. But when it's over I let him know if anything was particularly off putting. Usually I try to make sure he's well sexed and has a full belly during conventions and big meetings.
I also like to send him off fully satisfied and happy----I greet him at the door with hugs kisses and I try to smile even if I'm upset. Luckily he doesn't really tick me off that much.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Dana267
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Quoting Hottmomma607:

LOL Funny! DH&I are both easy going! Sorry to say its more like when his children drive me crazy he'll hear about! But for the most part I try to tone it down until he comes home! He doesn't have to hear me fuss about those children while at work! He got money to make(its salary)but same differnce kwim? LOL

Lol yes. You and hubby have an us against them attitude- "them" being your children. Lol

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the type to try and pick and chose my battles.....and I also hold my tongue on a lot of things, however my facial expression will clearly show I'm pissed. Now if it happens to ever get discussed is another question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I was the arguing type, yelling and screaming, but now i can speak my mind without screaming at the top of my lungs. I tend to
speak my mind, but once overly pissed or bothered i shut down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Luckily my df doesn't get too stressed about work. I never call him at work, unless it's an emergency. But when he comes home, its on like popcorn! I cook, clean, shop, even a bj twice a week. The least he could do is not piss me off. Lol

Quoting Dana267:

Quoting JakesMom712:

I really don't bother him When it's a stressful time at the office. But when it's over I let him know if anything was particularly off putting. Usually I try to make sure he's well sexed and has a full belly during conventions and big meetings.

I also like to send him off fully satisfied and happy----I greet him at the door with hugs kisses and I try to smile even if I'm upset. Luckily he doesn't really tick me off that much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjordan86
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I tend to tell my husband to leave it alone. Normally he'll shut up but some days, he begins to push my buttons and it just so happens to be before he has to work. If I've already told him time and again to STFU and move on with the situation and just let it stay broken for a while and he won't then......I let him have it! I mean cheeseburger! Men need to know when to leave some stuff alone.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

LOL we always tease and say your! But real talk about the children,we say our! I love to hear him give instructions to them when I want a nap or shower! They'll followed me in the room! Or call me when I at the store,while he's there! He'll say "You all leave your mama alone!" Or he'll tell our 10yo don't call while I'm at the store! LOL our daughter will text me from her room while I'm in mine!*SMH*

Quoting Hottmomma607:

LOL Funny! DH&I are both easy going! Sorry to say its more like when his children drive me crazy he'll hear about! But for the most part I try to tone it down until he comes home! He doesn't have to hear me fuss about those children while at work! He got money to make(its salary)but same difference kwim? LOL

Lol yes. You and hubby have an us against them attitude- "them" being your children. Lol

wademom07
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I understand that money has to be made so I hold my tongue if he upsets me prior to going to work. I know where he lives, he WILL come back home lol!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)