Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

has anyone ever had galstones removed or have to pasa them?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay so I moved in about February and I am only guessing that my capstones busted then only because I was in a lot of pain I thought it was a Hernandez but it was galstonee that busted and they hurt like hell my question is has anyone else had this problem with gallstones if so please let me in on how you dealt with the pain.

Mrs.Cheek

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chelsea_rh
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Not me. Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:31 AM
No I never had gallstones, but I can just imagine the pain you must be in, I think you have to see a doctor for that one, because I don't know of any OTC pain killer is going to help with that. You may need surgery to remove them or the doctor may prescribe something for pain.
I wish you all the best and feel better soon.
EbonyLove29
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM

No never. I can't tolerate pain!

teal ribbongood

Mrs.Cheek2346
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I am going to go and probably have a hysterectomy to have that part taken out and I have a cyst on my ovary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I've never had them or known anyone personally that has had them, but I've seen them in my rotations- I know they hurt like hell. They CAN be passed, but I've heard its pretty painful (its gotta be, especially if you compare the size of some gallstones to the size of your ureters).

Some are too large to be passed and must be surgically removed. You'll have to consult a doctor to see if there's anything they can do for you- I know that some will OK a procedure that 'smashes' them to make them smaller and easier to pass through an infrared process, but that's something you'll have to check out with both your doctor and your insurance.

Your doctor may also decided to place you on a limited or special diet try to reduce the reoccurance of gallstones, because people often get them more than once. If they're severe enough or becomes inflammed enough, sometimes your doctor will just remove the whole gallbladder, but its usually a last resort.

Dana267
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Nope.
Mrs.Cheek2346
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Thanks for the replyed these damn gallstones hurt.
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN