Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Would you ever...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

Would you ever go out in public/out of your house/answer the door wearing a robe and having curlers in your hair? Have you ever seen someone in public dressed in a robe with curlers in her hair or something similar?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

No, and not that I can recall.

Hmm I am pretty sure I could remember something like that so I will say no.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM

No and no.  The extent of dishabille that I ever leave the house in is with a scarf on my head (but no curlers underneath).  I very rarely even wear sweatpants out the house.  I get dressed and presentable whenever I go out.

KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

No I can't, but I live in NY and I see woman come out in the street looking like they just got straight out of the bed wearing their pajama's and hair still tied up. To me that is so tacky. I home school my children we are on our lunch break now, anyway, I do my hair and put on a dress just to do my home schooling class, just in case someone knocks on the door I can be looking nice to answer the the.

And respectful for my home class. 

NinaJean
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I've gone out with foil in my hair. If I have an hour to kill and want something from the store, I don't really care what society thinks of how I look with foil in my hair lol. I've gone out in the yard in a robe before, but not in public... pajama pants yes, at night.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM

no i have never been in public like that but I live in Baltimore Maryland and you can see anything here.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Nope and yes, I've seen females out in public with big curlers the size of soda cans, robes usually to put out the garbage in the mornings, pjs usually it's the young females that get too comfortable wearing it to Walmart or the local grocery store.

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM
No and no
BarbadianBeauty
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I have never and will never go out in public like that. I can't stand it when people do that. It doesn't take that long to throw on some clothes. It takes just as much time to put on pajamas. So there's no excuse. Pajamas are called loungewear for a reason. You don't lounge around in public!

I see so many women and men doing it. Drives me crazy. It's just so tacky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM
No and YES! Smh. I'm not saying you have to leave the house in a ball gown with a full face on but put some clothes on and comb your hair (even if its just a ponytail). Then again...to each his own. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I'm lying!! ONE time. My cousin was rolling my hair and we ran out of setting lotion. Lol! I ran in and out of that store so fast...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)