Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
As i mention before, my 10 yr old son died this summer from Lukemia. My 77 yr old mom passed away in 2010. Now when i bring out pictures of my son, or talk about remembering, him in any type of way... my 19 yr old son, ask me why i dont bring out pictures of my mom? First of all shamely i dont have any pictures of my mom, except the one of her in her casket.

Its not that i dont love my mom, or miss her. But my son was my child, who expects to bury their child? He was only 10, didnt get a chance to blossom. On the other hand my mom lived 77 yrs, we expect the elderly to pass.. but not a child.

When a elderly person die, we should celebrate their life, they were blessed to live so long... because many are dying so young.

My son made me feel wrong, for remembering my deceased child, i will never and cant forget him. I would always talk about him. Also i will never forget my mother. But i just think its sadder when a child is taken so soon. Do you agree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (11-14):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Thanks for your reply

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Wow sorry for your loss. Your son was wrong for saying that to you all you have left of you child is those pics and memories. I cant imagine lossing a child your mother lived a long life thats a blessing in it self your baby was 10 if helping you cope then that is what you do regardless of what anyone has to say. Do not let any one make you feel bad for that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry about your lost. I can only imagine how you and your son are feeling. I pray your son's emotions are not stuffed and they eventually erupt. From the sound of your post and replies, he's hurting from a grandson, big brother point. He's not fully understanding how you're feeling from the mommy, daughter point. He'll eventually get it. Hugs and prayers for you and your son.
KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Jesus said to her; "I am the resurrection and the life.  He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; John 5:25--

Quoting hopealways4019:

As i mention before, my 10 yr old son died this summer from Lukemia. My 77 yr old mom passed away in 2010. Now when i bring out pictures of my son, or talk about remembering, him in any type of way... my 19 yr old son, ask me why i dont bring out pictures of my mom? First of all shamely i dont have any pictures of my mom, except the one of her in her casket.

Its not that i dont love my mom, or miss her. But my son was my child, who expects to bury their child? He was only 10, didnt get a chance to blossom. On the other hand my mom lived 77 yrs, we expect the elderly to pass.. but not a child.

When a elderly person die, we should celebrate their life, they were blessed to live so long... because many are dying so young.

My son made me feel wrong, for remembering my deceased child, i will never and cant forget him. I would always talk about him. Also i will never forget my mother. But i just think its sadder when a child is taken so soon. Do you agree?

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM

No body understand what you are going through but of all people your son should not be acting like that but at the same time he is grieving and maybe that's his way of dealing with it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN