Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW SONE OF YALL GONNA HATE ME....

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this
Last night I was having a discussion with someone about food stamps and public assistance and she disagreed with me. Heres my point of view, should we be able to get food stamps and assistance YES! But the govt needs to put a cap on that shit.I have a family friend who has housing food stamps etc and has never worked a day in her life. I feel that it should be a temporary thing let's say 3 years the max. And if you are receiving assistance it should be required that you go to school and or have a job... that's my thought on it and NO I'm not bashing anyone that gets assistance but some people are abusing the system and making it hard for those who need help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what they do in Baltimore but it always going to be someone that can find a loop hole, like keep having babies. But I agree with you.

fabmom525
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

jaysmom2002
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Lol. Trust me I don't mind them driving an Escalade they prob were doing good and fell on hard times (assuming). It needs to be a cap on how long they can receive assistance

Quoting fabmom525:

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryKayByCassi
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM
5 moms liked this
But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Welfare abuse
Medicaid fraud
And so forth are all the reasons why they came up with a thing called welfare reform.
To try to get people to stop abusing the system.
There has been and will always be people who circumvent these laws and abuse the system.
There have been people working for MTA, the Police Dept, and so forth, all those high paying jobs and receiving welfare and food stamps.
There are women and men who make way too much to live in the project building that they have created for low income families, yet they manage some way to beat the system.
As long as we live in a world were bribes are accepted, and there is corruption on every level, unfortunately there will continue to be greedy individuals who will take food out the mouths of babes, to raise a welfare generation, or make it a career of trying to get something for nothing, while those in need get nothing.
fabmom525
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM

It was a joke, get a grip

Quoting luvthagirl:

But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
4 moms liked this

While I agree that there should be some type of limitations on FS,  I also agree people need to mind their own business.  I never know who's paying with FS becasue I don't care.  I'm too worried about what's going on with me and mine to worry about who's paying with FS, what they have in their cart, what they're driving etc.  I rather have my taxes going to the FS program than some stupid space crap or any other stupid program that's usless.

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

Babujai
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I completely agree.  It is supposed to be temporary assistance, not a lifestyle.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Smh at Escalade. I loathe when people think you have to look poor to get assistance. Ever heard of fallen on hard times?

Quoting fabmom525:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)