Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I KNOW SONE OF YALL GONNA HATE ME....

Posted by   + Show Post
Last night I was having a discussion with someone about food stamps and public assistance and she disagreed with me. Heres my point of view, should we be able to get food stamps and assistance YES! But the govt needs to put a cap on that shit.I have a family friend who has housing food stamps etc and has never worked a day in her life. I feel that it should be a temporary thing let's say 3 years the max. And if you are receiving assistance it should be required that you go to school and or have a job... that's my thought on it and NO I'm not bashing anyone that gets assistance but some people are abusing the system and making it hard for those who need help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
jaysmom2002
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM
We need this in FL go to school or work or you get no assistance

Quoting jinxmom:

Quoting jaysmom2002:

Last night I was having a discussion with someone about food stamps and public assistance and she disagreed with me. Heres my point of view, should we be able to get food stamps and assistance YES! But the govt needs to put a cap on that shit.I have a family friend who has housing food stamps etc and has never worked a day in her life. I feel that it should be a temporary thing let's say 3 years the max. And if you are receiving assistance it should be required that you go to school and or have a job... that's my thought on it and NO I'm not bashing anyone that gets assistance but some people are abusing the system and making it hard for those who need help.

This is what they do in OH.  I agree with you.  There should be a max.  Like anything else in life, ppl take advantage esp if they can get away with it. [sigh]

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to get a grip on reality and mind your own business cause you know you meant that, people that are joking normally add lol or jk

Quoting fabmom525:

It was a joke, get a grip

Quoting luvthagirl:

But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boys9yrsapart
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the OP was talking about career aid abusers. It doesn't piss anyone off that YOU'RE paying for people who don't/haven't done anything, while you work your ass off, to live better than you do? I saw it everyday in the OB practice I used to work in people who had jobs and just needed a lil help would get angry because we didn't accept medicaid as a secondary QUIT their jobs to do away with their employer insurance making medicaid primary (which didn't work, do that and you became self pay) I think that's the abuse she's talking about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
honey27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM
5 moms liked this

these posts really erk me because u dont know everyones situation and it just sounds like hate to me. just because someone drives a car probably better than yours and gets foodstamps,like really. who gives a crap! if they are abusing they will get caught and if not then hopefully if help them and their family. just be glad you dont have to use them.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I've never noticed either. To be honest i don't know what a fs card looks like..I also give the person ahead of me personal space- i stand back a little bit until they complete their transaction...

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's another thing, I've never take notice on how the person in front of me is paying. I give them space (at least 4feet) and mind my own business cause I have tons of other things I could be worrying about beside the type of payment option a person is using & car they are driving

Quoting Captzsss:

While I agree that there should be some type of limitations on FS,  I also agree people need to mind their own business.  I never know who's paying with FS becasue I don't care.  I'm too worried about what's going on with me and mine to worry about who's paying with FS, what they have in their cart, what they're driving etc.  I rather have my taxes going to the FS program than some stupid space crap or any other stupid program that's usless.

Quoting luvthagirl:

But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this
In my city they do have a cap, you do have to get enrolled in some type of program to keep benefits. But some people be hating on welfare people. Because they have to go work and bust their behind , to keep a roof over their head, and food on table. While welfare people dont. I feel like this, you damn either way. Being on welfare aint going to make anyone rich, they are still struggling. I also try not to judge people , because dont know reason why they on welfare? Some people are lazy, just want to screw and drop out babies, smoke weed all day. But this aint true about everyone on welfare,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

There are many that abuse they system i wish they did a better job at eliminating those people from the system. I also have a problem with multi generational fs user- IMO it's like a family has given up and only strives for being on fs. 

Anyway, I agree there should be a cap and recipients should be required to attend school/vocational training in order to continue. 

ang639
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this

IM NOT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT EVERYBODY IS DOING BECAUSE I HAVE HAD HARD TIMES AND HAD TO APPLY AND I HAVE ALSO LIVED IN THE PROJECTS AND I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO HAD GOOD JOBS AND HAVE ONLY ASSISTANCE TO RELY ON UNTIL THEY CAN GET IT TOGETHER I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO COME INTO MY OWN BUSINESS BUT I NEVER FORGET WHERE I CAME FROM RAISED IN THE PROJECTS FOODSTAMPS ROACHES RATS  CRIME ETC

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM
IKR! I am at a grocery store with a full cart of groceries does it seem I have time to check what other people are buying? I also seen people describe all the items in their carts, then they drive away in a luxury SUV! o_O

Quoting inmybizz:

I've never noticed either. To be honest i don't know what a fs card looks like..I also give the person ahead of me personal space- i stand back a little bit until they complete their transaction...

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's another thing, I've never take notice on how the person in front of me is paying. I give them space (at least 4feet) and mind my own business cause I have tons of other things I could be worrying about beside the type of payment option a person is using & car they are driving

Quoting Captzsss:

While I agree that there should be some type of limitations on FS,  I also agree people need to mind their own business.  I never know who's paying with FS becasue I don't care.  I'm too worried about what's going on with me and mine to worry about who's paying with FS, what they have in their cart, what they're driving etc.  I rather have my taxes going to the FS program than some stupid space crap or any other stupid program that's usless.

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I think they are exaggerating a tiny bit to get everyone all riled up.. FS user with a luxury car gets people all crazy LOL!! 

How can you play that much attention.. With getting my stuff on the conveyor belt thing, watching  my child,  skimming through the magazines,searching for my wallet/CC..I pay no mind to the person in front of me..

Quoting Hottmomma607:

IKR! I am at a grocery store with a full cart of groceries does it seem I have time to check what other people are buying? I also seen people describe all the items in their carts, then they drive away in a luxury SUV! o_O

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting Captzsss:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)