Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

what is your take on this issue?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok on Friday this lady was dropping her son off at daycare and she stopped by my room and poked her head in and asked me if I was interested in the PTA. I quickly said no. She then went on to say that the school our children attend told her that she is no longer welcome at the school.

Apparently she walks her son to class every morning and then she comes back and eats lunch with him EVERY DAY!!!! Needless to say she is highly pissed off and is talking bout writing letters to the superintendent and all this madness. She also has an issue with the principal cuz she is strict as hell (I love the principal as she was my daughter's first grade teacher)
She also complained that she asked to volunteer in any classroom and they said they don't need the help.

So what is really wrong with this picture? Does the mom need to cut the umbilical cord and get a life? Or is the school wrong for shutting her down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this
She needs to chill out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
She's going too far, hopefully she stops before she starts to eff up her child.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I have volunteered in my kids schools but having lunch daily with your child seems to be a distraction! There are only special times asides that you can have lunch with your child at my kids elem.!
She needs a life! And please I don't care if thats seemed to be sweet! Honestly the lunch thing is weird! Then she should home school! And walking him to his class! Damn! Yes I wanna assure my child is safely inside but I wait&watch!
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

She may be suffering from sort of trauma and feels that if she's not an over protective, somewhat over bearing mom, that something terrible is going to happen to her child, I feel sorry for her.  She's in pain and very afraid of the world that she lives in. I think she would be better off just homeschooling her child that way she will know that they are safe.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

how old is her son? i'm very interactive with what my kids do at school also. so i can feel her pain. my twins just started preschool and me and my fiance wanted to have breakfast with them and make sure they are eating well but their school is what they call a closed campus so parents probably like yours are not aloud to be on campus but they can volunteer but they do a background check and everything so it takes time. i flipped out the second day when they said i couldnt be on campus i was ready to change them schools but they want the kids tobe able to do things on their own and after talking to my fiance and thinking about it im ok with it now, but i am that involved parent and at that age i want to know what my kids are doing, i think thats whats wrong with alot of parents nowadays they dont care about what their kids do and dont monitor them.

tanishagreene
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

She got all that time she shoud be homeschooling

DVS
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM
The kid is in the 3rd grade and she recently lost her job at the child support office. That could have a lil to do with it but goodness you would think she would focus on finding a new job
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The school wrong for shutting her out. Thats wonderful she wanna be involved in her son education and have the time to do it. Obviously coming school eating lunch. But eventually as her son gets older, he aint gonna want mamma eating lunch with him. She can cut the cord then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmom2002
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I think eating lunch with him is a little too much....I also think there is more to the story cause schools love it when parents are involved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I think that the lunch every day is a little much but dang...what did she do for them to say, no thanks?? she may be a little too overbearing & maybe coming off as a little creepy! Im at my children's school alot & as soon as I walk in the cafe' or hallways all the kids are excited or waving so I can see how that can be distracting! I hopes she gets a job soon..I was thinking he was in the kindergarten or something but third grade!! He is going to get picked on soon! Calm down lady...eat lunch once a week that sound be ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)