Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I can't believe this happened to me at 24

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm so sad I just had a stroke about a week ago. Although I'm thankful to be alive I just feel like this is so unfair I have no medical problems ever and now I'm basically partially paralyses in my left arm. Thank god for my super husband because I can barely take care of our 9 month old son my arm has gotten a lot better since the initial stroke. I can move it but I have very little control when I'm try to specifically complete a task like wrap my hair, put it in a ponytail fold laundry, dress my son and a lot more. I'm going to physical and occupational therapy twice a week. I askfor your prayers in my recovry ladies. I refuse to stay like this at this tender age I feel like all of my dreams are now impossible I'm in nursing school and now have doubts that I'll ever be able to actually become a nurse with one arm. I definitely have faith. What upsets me most is that the drs have no explanation as to how this happened I'm lost for words. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appretiated
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Babujai
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hang in there momma.  I'm sure they'll figure out why it happened and how to make sure it won't happen again.

1stimemommie23
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Thank you I'm going to take it one day at a time and count my blessings.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

It takes some time to recuperate. Continue with physical therapy and you will see improvement. Sending you lots of positive thoughts for continued recovery.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
So sorry, but unexplained illness can strike anyone at any age. Just stay postive. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

((big hug)) dont lose your spirit!! & nothing is impossible...positive thoughts & work hard in therapy...there is nothing that you cant overcome with God on your side! 

1stimemommie23
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I want to thank all of you for your positive thought and words of encouragement I will keep you posted on my recovry I am eagar to get back to normal for my baby's sake and my unwillingness to settle for less.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)