Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Interesting Middle Names of Our Own Children

Posted by on May. 3, 2007 at 7:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
Well one of our sisters is having trouble trying to find a middle name for her son...sooo I thought we could list what we've named our own children. The meaning & Why....

My daughter's name is Mariah Ramiyah-Gabrielle G.

Mariah - God is my Strength/Bitter (we ignored the secular meaning)
Ramiyah - Jehovah is Exalted
Gabrielle - God is my teacher (& my mother's first name)

What about you ladies?
by on May. 3, 2007 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Stiff
by on May. 3, 2007 at 8:23 AM
My nieces name is Ramiyah Kimberly ...people always call her Mariah or Zamiyah
SweetAsCandy
by on May. 3, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Well...i'm the baby namer in my family...been that way since i was six years old...so when it came to my baby's name, I decided to name her Alona Leione (Uh-Lawn-Nuh   Lee-Own) and it's based upon three variables...they're both egyptian and italian names (my roots and her father roots)...they're both names used back in my FAVORITE ERA (1920s)...and then two nouns that I wanted to describe her.  Alona means "strong as an oak tree" and Leoine means "tenacious lioness with passion"...sooooooooo...there you go...my stinky winky's legal name "Alona Leoine"...

I got my sister to name her daughter Destiny Dream, but I was just joking.  She said she had a dream that she was going to finally have a girl that time and I said then it's destiny and then i said there you go...Destiny Dream (like Destiny Child...LOL)...next thing i noticed...the baby ended up being a girl and when I got to the hospital she had named her Destiny Dream.

MsMajesty
by on May. 3, 2007 at 9:12 AM
My sons first name is Tren'tone(not sure what it means) his middle name is shombay- to walk like a lion. we found it on an african baby names website. i think its called swaaga.com
Enjoyceinglife
by on May. 3, 2007 at 9:53 AM
Hello my daughters name is Amber Mariama (Senegalese for "gift from God") and my son's name is Kenyatta Aman Hakim (musician of wisdom and faith)...jd
hotmama88
by on May. 3, 2007 at 10:58 AM

My son's name is Isaiah- God is my salvation, Letrelle- One who laughs a lot. I gave him the name Isaiah because I always said if I had a little boy that would be his name. And I picked Letrelle, which is actually a girl's name in the baby book, because maybe he'll live up to it and be silly like me.

supasmom
by on May. 3, 2007 at 11:13 AM
my mother's middle name is rochelle and mine is michelle. so i ran with that and named my daughter makaiya lachelle. mayber her first daughter will have the chell thing going on too in the future.
nevaehkh
by on May. 3, 2007 at 11:19 AM
I actually did not name my daughter but I do Like her name, she was named by her Aunt & Daddy:

Nevaeh Kamauri
Which we all Know Nevaeh is Heaven Backwards and Kamauri is something daddy jut came up with. 
Im expecting and if its a boy cross yalls fingers
It will be 
Isaiah Macauri or I really do not know how to spell the middle name yet
A girl would be 
Nianna Anise

**I love Ramiyah its my nieces name** 
MMsMomma
by on May. 3, 2007 at 11:28 AM
Hi. I have two sons, one's name is Mi'Kel- which is a spin off of Michael which means Of God. His middle name is Antwoine. My other son's name is Myles and his middle name is Xavier.
Beauty1529
by on May. 3, 2007 at 11:32 AM
My daughter...Kayla Rine. Kayla meaning wise child. Rine meaning NOTHING. it;s my mom's middle name.

My son...Jayden Rachard. Jayden meaning God has heard. Rachard meaning Powerful rich ruler so my son's name means God has heard the powerful rich ruler
 So I have a wise child and a powerful rich ruler. God hears both of them
luvdatkayla06
by on May. 3, 2007 at 11:33 AM
MY BABYGIRL IS MYKAYLA (GODS GIFT) LIZETT (ME AND HERANUTS NAME COMBINED) MY LIL MAN IS MALIKE(KING) A'MER (PRINCE)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN