Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called the social security office this morning, to get some information about my daughter' s benefits. For security reasons, he asked me my father's name? Ok. Problem is i never met my dad. But i did remember my mom saying,his name. I told the man this, we laughed, thats a new question social security ask, because of identity theft. My son overheard my conversation... his reply was why would they ask a black person their dad's name? Most black people dont know their father's name!. I had to correct him. Dont sterotype, thats not always true! Deadbeat dads come from all races. Contrary to what my son believe. There are some good black men, that love and take care of their children.
I told my son i hope he one of those good black men. Too add to his thinking, is because his dad abandon him when he was 3, he 19 now. Hopefully he wont repeat this behavior. Was your father around growing up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
KristaElizabeth
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Jerone (Jerry) Barnes.

His dad wasn't around, and when he got my mom pregnant with my brother he bucked up and stepped up to be a dad and husband...

I admire him for that..according to my mom their relationship wasn't "official" and more of a friends with bennies thing (ya kind of awkward)

but 30 years later they couldn't be happier :)

proudmomof2653
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I do not respect deadbeat dad one bit and it pains me to know that there are men out there that do not know their children at all, but anywho, to answer your question, my dad was around when i was growing up.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I agree!

Quoting proudmomof2653:

I do not respect deadbeat dad one bit and it pains me to know that there are men out there that do not know their children at all, but anywho, to answer your question, my dad was around when i was growing up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Awww! Sweet!

Quoting KristaElizabeth:

Jerone (Jerry) Barnes.

His dad wasn't around, and when he got my mom pregnant with my brother he bucked up and stepped up to be a dad and husband...

I admire him for that..according to my mom their relationship wasn't "official" and more of a friends with bennies thing (ya kind of awkward)

but 30 years later they couldn't be happier :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by Pamela on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Sure was and still is!!  He and my mother have been married 45 years.  Also, my kids are 22 (daughter) and 20 (son) and both of their father's were active in their lives.

Tish_Hughes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
That's cute. Lol, but I also gave my daughter her dad's initials.

Quoting bronze_1:

Yes i know my dads name. As a matter of fact our initals are the same. He was there for me until I became a preteen. He kind of kicked me to the curb then because as he claims, " i looked so much like my mom when they were together and he would get flash back. being around me hurt him so he couldnt deal with me." Since I've gotten to be an adult and gotten married and all that jazz he's slowly worked his way back, but he still has issues sometimes because of how I look and how similar I am to my mom. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Yeah I know his name.
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. My parents have been married for 30 years. My dad was in the house but he wasn't very hands on. He was the disciplinarian. So we only ever saw him when he had a belt in his hand. Lol.
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes I do her name is Tina and i love her with all my heart and soul (my mother). But to answer your question I do know who the sperm donor is and I wish him hell !!!!! He never ever ever did anything for me or my brothers but he wants to come around talking about can he see his grandchildren, Nigga please, you need to have children to have grandchildren.. Sorry sore subject for me!!!! E.A.T.!

Chelsea_rh
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

my dad wasnt around much. we are getting along much better now that im older. my parents got divorced when i was 4, but i always spent time with my dads side of the family. I spent summers living with my dads mom in southern california and spent weekends visiting my dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)