Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called the social security office this morning, to get some information about my daughter' s benefits. For security reasons, he asked me my father's name? Ok. Problem is i never met my dad. But i did remember my mom saying,his name. I told the man this, we laughed, thats a new question social security ask, because of identity theft. My son overheard my conversation... his reply was why would they ask a black person their dad's name? Most black people dont know their father's name!. I had to correct him. Dont sterotype, thats not always true! Deadbeat dads come from all races. Contrary to what my son believe. There are some good black men, that love and take care of their children.
I told my son i hope he one of those good black men. Too add to his thinking, is because his dad abandon him when he was 3, he 19 now. Hopefully he wont repeat this behavior. Was your father around growing up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
You confused me at first? When you said tina. Im,thinking thats not a man's name. But your absolutely right. Some of us mothers are both mom and dad to our children.

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Yes I do her name is Tina and i love her with all my heart and soul (my mother). But to answer your question I do know who the sperm donor is and I wish him hell !!!!! He never ever ever did anything for me or my brothers but he wants to come around talking about can he see his grandchildren, Nigga please, you need to have children to have grandchildren.. Sorry sore subject for me!!!! E.A.T.!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats good you was able to forgive him. And now have a bond with him.

Quoting Chelsea_rh:

my dad wasnt around much. we are getting along much better now that im older. my parents got divorced when i was 4, but i always spent time with my dads side of the family. I spent summers living with my dads mom in southern california and spent weekends visiting my dad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Sad and not uncommon that your son feels that way. My sons took a quick census of all of their friends and came up with, not one had both parents living in the same household including us. They heavy does lay with the fathers. Most are absent.  As for my father, yes, I know mine. He and my mom never married then completely split up when I was 2. I hope and pray that my boys don't do that.

RoyalBlossom
by Sweetest Cookie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Yes. My mom wasn't around really, so I lived with my dad.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM
LOL My daddy's name was James! He died almost 3yrs. ago,making my mom a widow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Yes.

Smilely08
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM
His name is all I know!
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
My mom and dad were together while i was growing up. They split after i finished college. My dad is a pill that i can deal with in small doses.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, my parents were married 22 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM
And I know who my kids' fathers name is! Stupid stereotype! I am married 16yrs. I had a baby out of H.S. with an then BF name Antonio he is Puerto Rican&a deadbeat but obvious I know him! DH met him&DS! But my DH never ever wanted a dime from him! He paid some BS CS before I married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)