Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called the social security office this morning, to get some information about my daughter' s benefits. For security reasons, he asked me my father's name? Ok. Problem is i never met my dad. But i did remember my mom saying,his name. I told the man this, we laughed, thats a new question social security ask, because of identity theft. My son overheard my conversation... his reply was why would they ask a black person their dad's name? Most black people dont know their father's name!. I had to correct him. Dont sterotype, thats not always true! Deadbeat dads come from all races. Contrary to what my son believe. There are some good black men, that love and take care of their children.
I told my son i hope he one of those good black men. Too add to his thinking, is because his dad abandon him when he was 3, he 19 now. Hopefully he wont repeat this behavior. Was your father around growing up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (31-40):
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, my mom was the one actually running the streets. He raised my brother and I. Love and miss my dad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My father was a single parent. Raised my two sisters and I. bless his heart....LOL

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:30 AM
2 moms liked this
My parents were married for 40 years when my mother died. My dad died in 2004. We need more men like my father.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Omokirk
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Yes I do
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea I know his name...he was in my life in the beginning...his new b***ch didnt like me soo...he stopped coming around..then he started drinking...he was in & out of my life...he has his life together now & I know he has always loved me & he wants us to be close but i just cant get with him like that...I stop by when im in the area..we talk on the phone & fb!

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Yes, my parents have been married for 40 years. 

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

my dad has always been in my life...even after my parents got divorced when i was 16 and still to this day.

i love my daddy...i'm definately a daddys girl

MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Didn't then and still don't have a relationship with him, he calls from time to time, but i don't have a problem not having a relationship with him.  I needed a father then i'm grown now, and learned on my own through several mistakes so OH WELL!

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I know my father and his name. He was always there and still is. My son's middle name is after my dad. I'm a true daddy's girl.

Theaterchick
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Yup my mom and dad are still together and have been for 20 years. He isn't black he us white but was very distant to me and my brother but my sisters were his favorite. Now we talk more cause I have kids. But ur right not every deadbeat dad is black. My dfs dad is a deadbeat and in and out of prison and has only met df twice and my df is white. I hate the way people portray blacks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)