Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

The cycle mature women only plz

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so how often do you change your pads?
Do you prefer pads or tampons?
What brand?
Any other hygiene must while on period?

Me EVERY time i use the bathroom and every hr esp the first two days which are the heaviest. And more then every hr if needed. ( i once heard im wasting pads.......) im sorry but i cant keep a wet pad on once i have used the bathroom even if its a little blood (tmi)

I used to be addicted to tampons till i found out they are not healthy for you. It stops your natrual cleasing and blood flow.

Im a always lady. I love always brands for tampons and pads.

I have to walk with always wipes and use those instea of tissue while on my cycle. Plus i bathe one extra time for the day then normal and last i always wear panty liners under my pad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kandipie22
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I change every time I go to the bathroom! I prefer pads because the tampons are not good for you! I use always overnites for the first 3 days I had my tubes tide and ever since then my flow is like extra heavy!!!! I buy the always wipes to keep myself clean while I'm on and I use the summers eve cleansing wash when bathing!!!
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Tampons,every time I use restroom.
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I change every time I use the bathroom and every hour if I don't have to use the bathroom.

I don't really have a choice.  I have an extremely heavy cycle where I have to wear the thick night time pads in addition to the super absorbent tampons to keep from ruining my clothes.  I can't use any other brand but Always as it seems to be the only brand that can handle my cycle. 

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this
This & every hour if I don't have to use the bathroom

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Do you ever experience yeast infections? My gyn told me tampons can be a key factor.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
OMG! I hadn't had an yeast infection in over 13yrs.! I was doing a douche every so often,which I didn't know it was bad? Using tampons since I was 19yo! so over 20yrs. now and no issues!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Do you ever experience yeast infections? My gyn told me tampons can be a key factor.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

RoyalBlossom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I use pads more often, I try to use tampons but I guess I put them in wrong sometimes, because they are uncomfortable. I find my tampons always leak so I only do those when necessary and change everytime I go to the restroom. I change my pads often, I can't say every hour like you guys but I do change them when I feel it necessary.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I use pads & I change everytime I go to the bathroom & all during the day. I only use tampons if im going to be sitting at my desk all day...ugh!..I use stayfree ultra thins they absorb great & are cotton..I dont like always...the last time I bought some was years ago & it has that plastic on top...i saw they have some new ones that are cotton & suppose to absorb too...maybe i'll try them. I bathe about 2-3 times a day anyway so there is no change..& i dont use the wipes..maybe at the end i'll use a  baby wipe...i dont like they wetness...against the wetness (tmi..lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN