Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I think my 8 year-old is getting ready to start her period!!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 19 Replies

Her breasts have been very tender for about a week, she is very emotional, and last night it seemed as though she had spots of dark blood in her panties--SHE IS ONLY EIGHT YEARS OLD!!  She turns 9 next month but SERIOUSLY??  Has anyone else has a daughter start this early?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kandipie22
by Fran! on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
My daughters started when they were 10, both of them. I cried like a baby I was thinking they were no longer babies but young women who could have kids!!!!! It's scary!!!!
mrsary
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
No. My daughter will be 8 next month & I know its coming within the next few years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
i started mine when i was 9, and had it for a week, then dint have another one until 11
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Yes. My step daughter started at either 8 or 9. I had to talk to her because my husband has custody and her mother was in prison. I was nervous but I think it was easier because she was so young. She had a very short period but it was not steady. It came once or twice then went away for 6 months to a year. When it returned she got her period on a regular basis. You just have to educate her.
honey27
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

i started mine at 10. its a scary thing but its part of growing up.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM
My DD was about 11 1/2 going on 12!
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Oh Gawd!! I have a 8yr old..I can't even.......

LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Well its nothing that can be done to stop it all i would suggest is getting her prepared for it. If you haven't already explain to her what it is. What will happen, and most importantly hygiene! That she needs to change at least once per class, you can get her a little " period pouch" i have one its basically a makeup pouch and inside i have my wipes, extra undies, pads, tampons and body spray. She can maybe keep a journel on when it comes so she is prepared to avoid accidents at school. And try to become more closer to her fr now on then ever b4 now shes goin threw puberty so her breast might get bigger n all that other stuff. So one day when boys become a factor she will come to u. Good luck
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

((((HUGS)))) Mom, I don't have any girls but if you don't mind me saying, I would tell you to take her to see her doctor if it is her period or something else her doctor will be able to tell you.  I wish you all the best.

chloemom531
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow...this up coming generation..
is different they growing faster...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)